Help with saving a copy of my girls texts on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silverzz28, May 17, 2009.

1. silverzz28 macrumors newbie

I would like to save a copy of my girls texts on her iphone. she deletes the ones she does want me to read. Right now she has Irealsms (not her default sms) on the phone and i see it shows a duplicate texts in irealsms but deletes when you delete from the orignal sms app. How can I save these texts? She only knows to delete from the orginal sms app. Sh's not techy at all.

Also is there a way to record conversations on the iphone?

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Stalker... If you can't trust her, ditch her.

3. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

You can use software like Syphone but I think you might have a few trust issues.

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

You've got bigger issues than trying to read her texts.

If you believe that you should be reading them the best thing you could do is talk to her. Confront her and make her tell the truth or outright lie. Then you can go from there.

5. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I do NOT want to insult you in anyway.
    BUT.

If you feel that you need to read her texts, record her conversations; maybe she isn't the girl for you. You should not have to work this hard in a good relationship.

On the OTHER hand, if this is how YOU normally operate when you are dating: this is a RED FLAG. Counseling, therapy, etc... may help with these feelings of "needing to be in control".

In any case, what is going on here is NOT healthy. This is NOT the way healthy relationships work... Give it some thought...

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I am pretty sure he is talking about his daughter.
    but sometimes you kids will not tell all and now they can do things that will harm them far easier then we could when we were kids.
    sexting is a big one now and the problems with kids in chat rooms.

7. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I would have thought that he would call his daugher his "daughter" not his "girl"... But I could be wrong.

8. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Even if he was talking about his daughter, if he believes she's responsible enough to own a $200 cell phone, she should be allowed her privacy.
    The solution here is to stop being a creeper.

9. ich1ban macrumors regular

ich1ban

10. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

ich1ban, are you familar with Kirin?

11. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

12. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I wonder if the OP values his own privacy at all?

13. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Jeeezzz, dump her azz.

Why stalk someone you can't trust? Too many fish in the sea.

If it's your daughter, just take her phone until you can trust her.

:D

14. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Creep. Don't forget to install the keylogger on her computer too.

15. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

That makes more sense than staking someone you CAN trust!!

16. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

This came with the recent MacHeist 3 bundle, and can save complete conversations on to your Mac:
    http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

17. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I'm surprised that actual advice to the OP was found on the first page of this thread. Usually there's at least two pages of self-righteous spewing before anything of use to the OP is posted.

What is wrong with you people? He did not come here looking for relationship advice.

Responding to his post in the way most of you have seems to satiate your collective desires of validating your own self-righteousness in a public forum. There is no other logical reason, since he did not come to this board asking for that kind of advice.

18. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

No, he came here looking for ways to invade someones privacy.

19. samiwas macrumors 65816

What kind of responses do you expect when someone comes on saying "I want to read my girl's private information. I want to secretly get on her phone and read and save her texts without her permission." We still haven't figured out if he means girlfriend or daughter. If it's a girlfriend, it's extremely creepy. If it's a daughter, maybe there are some other ways to go about it. Many people do it, but really...asking on a public forum is just asking to be put down.

20. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Who cares? He didn't ask for guidance from the moral compass that MacRumors members like to think they are. You don't know the circumstances. What if it is his daughter and the text messages are from a pedophile? Wouldn't you want to know? Or does her right to privacy outweigh her safety?

The point is don't make unsolicited value judgements especially without knowing the whole story.

21. wkearney99 macrumors member

wkearney99

Good old fashion shame works wonders, and you deserve a heap of it too. Moral compass? Sounds like yours is well lost too.

Then there's the problem with it being illegal to record the conversation of others (in most states and a few countries). That is, without both parties being told of it. A 3rd party initiating such faces felony charges.

22. thunderweb macrumors 6502

thunderweb

23. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

If someone knew someone had evidence that he killed someone on their iPhone and needed help wiping it, would you expect us to help him do that, too?

What he's asking for help with is certainly immoral and likely illegal.

24. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

If it is your daughter and you get the phone bill, there will be an itemized list of every text sent and received. Go down the list and compare the sent/received from the bill with the missing text messages. The good news is that (currently) only entire conversations with a contact can be deleted, so you'll easily be able to spot which text conversations are deleted.

You could institute a policy where if text message conversations are deleted, the phone is taken away. I know a couple families that do something similar with their childrens' computers. If the internet history is cleared, the internet gets taken away, simple as that.

If it's a girlfriend, hire a private investigator (assuming a mere girlfriend is worth the hassle).

25. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Thread hijack!

Sorry.

Eso, checked your PM's lately?

Its that little button towards the top there^^^. :D