Help with Verizon, new iPhone 6 and surprising my fiancee?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonfarr, Jun 5, 2015.

1. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Sorry, I'm not too sure where to post this on these forums so please move it if necessary.

So here is the story. I am getting married this summer and my Fiances birthday is coming up soon. She has a iPhone 5s and has wanted a 6 plus badly. I want to surprise her with the new phone.

She is still on her parents plan as her line is under contract for a couple more months (and they are still willing to pay for it until it expires). My plan is to buy the phone at full price so it is out of contract. I want to be able to give her the phone on her bday but don't know if it will be possible to get it activated before with her number without her knowing?

Will I need to bring both phones into a store to get the switch made? Also, will we need to have her parent on her account there to authorize this change?

Ideally I would like to go to a store shortly before giving her the phone as a present so when her service gets killed on her old one she won't have much disruption until she gets the new one. And what I am wondering is if I will need the account holder from her parents account with me to make that change (seems obvious that I would but not sure) as that parent will be working all day that day.

Thanks for the help!

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Go to the Apple Store get a device only verizon idevice at full retail. Give it to her and swap the sim. All there is to it. If you want to have vzw do it, have the account holder call vzw.

3. jonfarr thread starter macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Awesome, I appreciate that. For some reason I didn't think the Verizon 5s had a sim card.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

A vzw 5s has a sim. I buy my phones as device only from the verizon store as I'm off contract.

5. jonfarr thread starter macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Appreciate it. This will be much easier than I thought.