Help!!! Would insurance cover me......? All replies welcome regardless of country.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FXT 1, Jul 25, 2009.

1. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

Hello

I was just reading through the "small print" of my CarPhone Warehouse insurance policy and I'm unclear on one thing. I have used the service twice before, once to repair the small silent button on my iPhone 3G and twice because I accidentally dropped it and thus smashed the screen both time CPW could not repair it (and wasted time with it in their sluggish in-house repair, why the could not have sent it straight to Apple God knows) and so therefore sent it off to Apple for repair. Apple promptly replaced the phone and performed a pretty speedy turn around (before it began to make its way back through the CPW "in-house repair").

My question, however is this :
    If i was to jailbreak my device and install ultrasn0w etc, and I accidently damaged it and it needed Apple repair would they refuse to fix it (even AFTER i restored firmware, performed restore and wipe etc.) ? Would they KNOW that i Had jailbroken and restored?

And if so, would CPW pay out for a new iPhone on insurance because of this?

Cheers :)

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I doubt they will know if you restore it, but remember to turn off numeric battery as that survives the restore.

3. eliteneo macrumors member

Once you jailbroke it (like me) apple doesn't want anything to do with it.

4. FXT 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks... But it doesn't fully answer my question. Can anyone else please help?