Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulbrogden2004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2004
help
hello can any one help me im having problems with my ibook yesterday i installed osx.2 but wanted to restart the computer in os9.1 classic but the system said no os 9.1 on the system so i went into the start up disk and changed the start up folder to os 9.1. then restarted but in stead of restarting in o2 9.1 why ibook will not load up at all all i get is an icon of the old apple computer and just will not load the operating system so whats wrong ? any ideas i have the recovery cds for the ibook but it will not recover from the cd is ther a key you have to press to make the mac reboot from the cd rom like with the pc you press dell to gain access to bios. if any mac exsperts are out theri please help could you give me an email paulbrogden2004@yahoo.co.uk thanks for helping

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
I recommend you install OS9 again since it seems to have been corrupted. If there’s still a problem with booting, the advice to boot from the OS X install disk using the C key is a good one. Then just select your OS X install as startup again.

18thTomorrow

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2004
The Alpha Quadrant
It seems as though somehow your os 9 installation became corrupted. What you need to do is re-install it. To do this, insert your software restore or os 9 cd and boot from it by holding down the C key as the computer boots.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.