Here’s A Thorough Look At The Black X, In Case You Haven’t Seen It Yet

donster28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
My 256 Black (or officially Grey) arrives in less than a week and I couldn’t be more excited.

Not a lot of videos showing the black so here it is. To me, it’s better than the silver because it looks more slick looking and the camera lenses blend well to the back. And that black stainless steel band connects everything together.

But, as you may say, to each their own.

The video shows more than the colour and it’s actually very informative about the features on the phone...unlike other videos.

Last edited:

Ralfi

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Yeah that was one of the better vids that came out of the keynote.

Anyone else notice the Home bar fade away in the photos App @ 3:48? Not the intrusive bar many predicted it seems.

Reactions: Jetcat3

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
That looks really nice! It reminds me of my Jet Black iPhone 7 actually, which is definitely my favorite looking phone in the. 6/6S/7 generation, because it look seamless, with all the bezels, seams, sides and back the same color and gloss.

s54

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012
I personally think the silver back looks 100 times better and more unique. This black is just a black, like any other iPhone.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
You're looking at your screen not the OLED of the iPhone
Thanks for clarifying. But it's evident watching the video and seeing the differences of how an OLED display resembles. One doesn't need to differentiate to experience both displays.

donster28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
I personally think the silver back looks 100 times better and more unique. This black is just a black, like any other iPhone.
I respect your opinion/preference.

To me though, if that camera unit on the back is also coloured silver (or is not that protruding or ugly looking for that matter), I would have gone with silver. It is the only element in the phone’s back that annoys me. The 7/8 cameras are a lot better looking.
[doublepost=1509208973][/doublepost]
Yeah that was one of the better vids that came out of the keynote.

Anyone else notice the Home bar fade away in the photos App @ 3:48? Not the intrusive bar many predicted it seems.
I’m glad it fades away.

Reactions: Five_Oh

Rivanov

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
Netherlands
I'm soooooo suuuuuper excited for this Friday. Since years I'm actually excited for my new iPhone. (had every iPhone since 3G, minus the S models)

donster28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
I'm soooooo suuuuuper excited for this Friday. Since years I'm actually excited for my new iPhone. (had every iPhone since 3G, minus the S models)
I’m still on the 6 Plus myself and skipped every model after except for this, so I’m mega-pumped! Hard to believe it’s been 3 years since I had a new phone.

From this point on, I’ll look to upgrade every 2 years (or every year if I get a chance) because the phone really slows down come the 3rd year.

Rivanov

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
Netherlands
I always bought the Black / SpaceGrey iPhone because of the black front. With the X that's not an issue anymore so I went for the Silver version this time. :)
So this year I really have a different iPhone since years. ;)

iSayBoourns

Suspended
Sep 15, 2017
Silver looks the most like the original iPhone than any other iPhone they’ve released. Black front, “crome” frame and silver (light grey) back.

Reactions: Ntombi

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
I’m still on the 6 Plus myself and skipped every model after except for this, so I’m mega-pumped! Hard to believe it’s been 3 years since I had a new phone.

From this point on, I’ll look to upgrade every 2 years (or every year if I get a chance) because the phone really slows down come the 3rd year.
Meh, we saved a lot of dough not getting the samey minor updates.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
It sure is going to be hard to put a case on this phone. I went caseless for years until I got the 7+ and I put a case on it because of the size. I was thinking I would have a case on the X, but now I’m not so sure.

I just hate having to set it down on the camera, even though it’s supposed to be almost impossible to scratch

swinery

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2017
You're looking at your screen not the OLED of the iPhone
its half true? the oleds are brighter than the lcds so it could stand out to some extent even in video

i dont really know though

Last edited: