Here are reasons why new owners should buy the white iPhone 4 coming out in Feb!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ap3604, Jan 25, 2011.

?

If the next iPhone has a white version, which one would you choose?

1. White version definitely, its beautiful.

41 vote(s)
    38.3%
  2. Black version for sure.

40 vote(s)
    37.4%
  3. Black version, but I like how there is freedom of choice now.

26 vote(s)
    24.3%
  1. ap3604, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

http://www.tipb.com/2011/01/24/white-iphone-4-appearance-atts-online-system/

Dunno if anyone saw this yesterday but the white iPhone 4 is guaranteed to be coming out soon in the next month. In addition to Apple themselves saying it will be released, the white iPhone 4 has shown up in 5 major carriers data inventory systems just in the last few days all confirming this:

1. Att
    2. Vodafone
    3. Orange
    4. Best Buy (Feb 27th release date)
    5. Three

I personally can't wait for the white version to come out since it looks so new, clean, and beautiful compared to the ubiquitous and bland black version.

There are a couple of things I see people say about the white iPhone 4 that crack me up:

1. "its the exact same phone, who cares what it looks like."

- Theres a definite reason why people buy products in addition to its functionality: Its looks. People want products that look good and not everyone is willing to wait for the next generation. Also sometimes the "next generation" isn't that great and worth waiting for (see: iPhone 3gs compared to iPhone 4)

2. "Why the hell would Apple even come out with a white version now? Why not just wait until the iPhone 5?"

- Apple was selling 180,000 iPhones PER DAY a couple of months ago... that isnt going to slow down and I'm sure at least a quarter of those 180,000 per day would be happy to buy a white version all the way leading up to the iPhone "5"/4-s

3. "Just wait for the iPhone 4-s"

- If you buy a white iPhone 4 this Feb you will be first in line for the BIG upgrade that is the iPhone 6.
    - Don't wait to buy the iPhone "5" aka iPhone 4-s and be stuck in a 2-yr contract with a minor upgrade like the iPhone 3gs owners were when the big upgrade, the iPhone 4, came out the next year ;)

Another reason to get the white iPhone 4 in Feb? Verizon is going to have unlimited iPhone 4 data plans as a limited time special and will soon switch to Att's capped 2gb capped plans. If you want to lock in your unlimited data now with Verizon and get grandfathered in while you can then the white iPhone 4 is the time to do it! :D

Edit: More reasons to choose the white iPhone 4 in Feb
    1. As the wonderful MarlboroLite said "Well the best reason to choose the white now is the fact that when you're done with it you'll be able to sell it for significantly more yet purchasing it for the same price as a black one....supply and demand....." Thanks MorboroLite :)
    2. The more people buy the white version the more Apple is inclined to deal with the white glass production issues and include a pure white option in all future iPhone versions.

2. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

1st, nothing is guaranteed
    2nd, You have no idea what is instore for the iPhone 5
    3rd, can someone please stop these idiotic threads?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Personally, I don't like the look of the white iPhone, so I'm not really too upset that apple was unable to make a white iPhone.

4. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

Don't like the thread then move along and thanks for playing :)

*Seinfeld Soup Nazi Voice* NEXT!

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

1) White only comes on lowest capacity models. I already owned a 16GB phone, it's not enough.
    2)I'm already on track to be upgrade eligible for the 6, so...
    3) for the looks and attention? Really? I usually buy a phone because it functions well, but I guess high schoolers have different priorities.

6. iWeldonJ macrumors member

I've been waiting for the Great White. One of my lines will be upgrad eligable February 20th. And I can't wait for that date to come, but if the white is coming out on the 27th. I can probably wait. Althought I'm use to the idea of having a black one now and not sure I want to wait another week.

Honestly I need some feedback here. I know it's silly, but I'm indecisive with this.

7. ap3604, Jan 25, 2011

ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah, I buy certain clothes even if they aren't the most rugged or warmest because they look great on me.

Same with my car... I want gun metal color and if I can get the color I like then I'm more inclined to purchase the car since I like the looks.

Same with a girlfriend... Your more inclined to sign on the dotted line if she looks amazing to you, regardless if the fugly girl has the same physical capabilities ;)

Nothing "highschooler" about it... everyone does it they just like to judge others when it comes to phones for some reason :)

8. edk99 macrumors 6502a

What do you have now? At this point or come Feb 20th why wouldn't you just wait 4 months for the iphone 5? Seems like a no brainier.

9. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

The color doesnt matter to me me since I'll be putting a pink case on it anyway!!:p

10. Pomeless macrumors regular

I like the white and if the 32gb is available I'll be interested. Otherwise I'm going black.

My one thought is also this: I might be able to go through with my pre-order of a white iPhone and then find out that there is some reason why it cannot ship. (Like so many others have.) The black just seems to be locked in.

11. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

Trust me. Get the white one :)

Saw my friends who actually paid to get the conversion done and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

One week wont kill ya and you will be upgrade eligible for the iPhone 6 (the big upgrade) when it comes out instead of being stuck with a small upgrade (iPhone 4-s).

12. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You forgot to list the reasons.

13. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

14. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

How high is your IQ?

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. The only reason to buy the white iPhone IF and WHEN it appears is because you like it.

16. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Well the best reason to choose the white now is the fact that when you're done with it you'll be able to sell it for significantly more yet purchasing it for the same price as a black one....supply and demand.....

17. iWeldonJ macrumors member

Actually I will get the iPhone 5 because my other line will be upgrade eligible at that time and I'll sell the iPhone 4 to the other person on my plan.

I'm eligible to upgrade on my primary line in July.

18. Pomeless macrumors regular

Now that you mention it......

I thought that he might say something about a higher resale value. Poorly titled thread iyam.

19. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I see this post and this quote comes to mind: "there's a sucker born every minute".
    If you want to spend your money on a white iphone, that's your prerogative. Personally, I don't think it's worth it; also, it looks ugly.

20. ap3604, Jan 25, 2011

ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

Edited out the negative points and thank you for seeing my point eastercat. I respect your own opinion on the matter :)

I'm also reminded of this ancient and outdated quote by Henry Ford "Any customer can have a Model T painted any color that he wants... so long as it is black". We are in 2011 and people want the choice of design and colors nowadays ;)

21. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I ask your age. That's how you respond? I'm guessing between 14-16

22. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

What If their isn't an iphone 6? I mean how many more features can apple really add? nothing i can think of except better camera, better screen resolution and fairly small things like that they I don't think they should have a whole new phone with an apple event and everything for.

23. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

I ask your IQ and that is how you respond? I'm guessing between 89-60.

24. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Wow, you people never give up....

http://www.colorwarepc.com/

Go buy a white iPhone. And you're really showing your age if you think that quote is outdated, you're just clearly missing the point of what he's saying.

25. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

If folks want white: swell. Personally I think it's hideous. And, since my phone is in an otterbox, it's rather moot.