Here from the dark side lol need help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmattina1, Aug 29, 2014.

1. jmattina1 macrumors newbie

Hi all, I need your help :) I personally am an android girl but husband is a iPhone guy (household divided lol) Anyhow, his phone has kicked the bucket. He described it as "a red tint rolled down my screen while I was on FB and then it shut off" and now is stuck in a bootloop. He's begging me to fix it since he wants to wait until the 6 comes out to buy another but I've googled and googled with no results. This phone is completely stock as is from apple. I can put it into DFU mode and into iTunes mode or whatever it is. I've tried tiny umbrella to fix recovery and exit recovery neither of which have helped. I started with an iTunes update error of 3194 and am now stuck at error 4014. I'm thinking it's a hardware issue but would like some input before I start looking for parts phones. Also, if you think it could be hardware, what would you replace first? TIA. :)

2. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Try holding the power and home button until the apple logo shows up

3. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

I would do what the other poster recommended, and hold the home and power button at the same time for a considerable amount of time, and see what happens.

What model phone is it, and are you in the USA?

4. jmattina1 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is an iPhone 4s and I am in the USA. I will try that and see what happens. Thanks guys

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Did you search through the iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting subforum?

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

7. jmattina1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I must have completely missed that forum. I looked before I posted here. Maybe because I new here I couldn't see it. I've searched high and low for a solution and nothing comes close to what he described. Have also tried about 100 different things. Thanks Jake! Lol every time I hear or say Jake, I think of "it's jake, from state farm.." STILL. *edited cause I have the dumbz and your name is clearly jlake