Here is a perfect example of why we don't trust the MSM:

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Herdfan, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Herdfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Had it just been a simple video edit, I might agree with you. But to remove that "extra bit" and then bash Trump for doing something he had just watched his Japanese host do it not just removing an "extra bit". It is editing to show Trump in as unfavorable light as possible.

2. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Selective cropping and voice to completely, and falsely, change the narrative.
    Someone should be fired or moved for this.

3. Irishman macrumors 68030

Do we know they haven't been?

4. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Never know but I would expect it would make a flash follow up headline some one would use.
    So far .... crickets ;)

5. obeygiant macrumors 601

obeygiant

Why would they be fired? That's the intent!

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I was just pointing out that this wasn't a heavily-edited selection of video, but nonetheless it is distinctly problematic.

I agree.

But, Fox News routinely does this. Which highlights again CNN's real mistake—following Fox News' model.

7. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

So while this whole Koi pond feeding thing is really not news worthy... did he dump the rest of his fish food in the pond or not?

This is why context is key. He did sprinkle some out before hand, and then he dumped the rest. So while the statements of dumping the food is true, the former statement is also true.

What is really disingenuous is fox news pretending they don't do the very same thing... ad nauseam... on far more important topics.

8. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Funny thing is, the Japanese media did the same thing!
    Looking at a couple of Japanese news feeds, the part that Abe also dumped the food was also cut out!