Carrier Here is how to order an iPhone 6 from Verizon “device only” (no VZW account needed)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Coleman2010, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

These steps worked to buy a full priced iPhone 5s directly from Verizon no contract. The steps should work for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus as well.

I just tried the steps selecting an iPhone 5s and it worked.

Steps taken from this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1675136

2. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

I wonder if this will actually work for the 6. It only has the 64GB space grey 5s even though their normal store has all models. Seems safer to just buy it device only the normal way and cancel your plan right away.

3. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

All of the models show up for me. I was able to add a Gold 64GB iPhone 5s to my cart and I got all the way to payment before I stopped.

If the iPhone 6 is listed on the site tonight I see no reason this method would not work.

Attached Files:

4. skimcpip, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

skimcpip macrumors regular

Just tried and it didn't work but I'll try a different browser.

UPDATE: I was doing it wrong. This works. Do you think it'll actually ship this way or will they pull the old "There's a problem with your order" business?

UPDATE 2: I reviewed the forum those instructions were originally posted in and one person reported this method working and another person reported that his order was cancelled.

5. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

I'd say go ahead and try it. The worst that can happen is they cancel your order and you're not charge.

I'm going to buy full priced unlocked anyway. I'd prefer getting the Verizon version for the resale value. When I'm ready I can sell it to someone who has Verizon, At&T or T-Mobile.

6. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

7. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

I originally ordered in an odd-ball way in the middle of the night last night. It wouldn't let me chose my unlimited data plan on checkout....so after seeing this process I have canceled my pre-order and did a second one using these steps. It works and says deliver by 9/19 even on the new order.

8. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

Thank you very much for this information. I couldn't get through the process using my existing account. I feel much better now just ordered a full priced phone not attached to an account and then having activation move it over when I get it so I keep my unlimited plan.

9. t3nchu macrumors regular

Worked for iPhone 6 plus, but delivery date is by 10/28/14 now.....

10. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

Ummm, I just chose "show full price option"

did you people not get that? Because i got it on 2 different VZW accounts.

11. dopke, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

dopke macrumors newbie

I don't know if my CC really rejected the pending authorization or not, but got an email today saying my order was on hold and I needed to give them a call. After calling, they basically blamed my CC for rejecting the pending auth. and so I was automatically removed from the queue -- earliest ship date for the iphone 6 64GB is now Oct 7th from VZW according to the person I spoke with. Gave me that date because they said I had to order as if it was a new order as she could not change the payment option.

Curious how other people's orders went if you did this as well. Keep in mind I do not have a verizon account, was hoping to get one off contract just to use on ATT.

12. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

So I order it, select month to month. Once the phone is delivered just cancel the plan?

13. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

Read the instructions and follow them. If followed correctly you are ordering direct from Verizon without a plan.

14. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

15. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

No. It should not if you are purchasing full priced. Did you follow the instructions exactly?

16. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Yeah I did the steps. Individual customer, month to month. Then it asks me to select a plan. After that it asks for ssn for credit approval

17. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Can someone try again and see if it works for them

18. solodogg macrumors 6502

exact same thing happened to me. Claimed my security code from the back of the card was wrong. NOPE, checked, double checked, and triple checked before I placed the order. They told me the soonest I could get it was 10/14, even though I had all of the emails stating 9/19.

So...it's canceled. Apple's website still says 9/19 availability on the Verizon models as of this morning.

19. bwapod macrumors member

I followed the instructions (back up all the way once you hit the "select a plan" screen and choose device only).

Worked for me.

Got my tracking # for my gray 64GB 6.

20. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

U didn't have to put in ssn info?

----------

It made me select a plan. After that I put in my personal info. Then the next screen was the credit approval info

21. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

I can confirm this works. I just got a tracking number now. Delivery for 9/19.

I don't have a verizon account or needed to put in any of my social security info.

22. platoaddict macrumors newbie

Once you arrived at the page for selecting a plan, you needed to back all the way out. The one thing that is slightly different now than under the prior instructions is that the website automatically jumps over the page that asks about device w/ service or device w/o service.

When you back all the way up, you'll get back to the "new" or "existing" customer screen (which was your first page before). You'll now notice a "back" and "continue" button at the bottom right. Click "back." Now, you can choose "order device without service." The device you previously selected will be available for you. Now continue, and you will simply need to provide payment information.

23. Coleman2010, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

After choosing month to month and selecting an iPhone you click back 3 times to go back to the start of the order process then select "device without service" at the bottom left. Click continue twice then enter payment information for a full priced phone without service plan.

You did not follow the steps correctly.

24. Truefan31, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Here is how to order an iPhone 6 from Verizon “device only” (no VZW account n...

Ah I see. It works now. Thanks everyone! 900 after tax. Doesn't give delivery date though

25. iphone6fan macrumors regular

iphone6fan

I did it!!

----------

Did you an order conformation email yet?
    I haven't.