Here is the guy you are rioting for in Charlotte.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

This is the type of guy the black community looks up to?

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/new-revelations-in-keith-scott-case_/326706427

What a piece of ****, RIP.

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Character assassination does not mean that the LEOs were in the right, nor wrong. Rodney King was a drunk and a drug abuser, but the LEOs were still wrong.

So keep your pettiness to yourself, as it makes you look really foolish.

BL.

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Wife beater? Holy ****.

Still, she loved the guy and was screaming at him not to do whatever to the police... I personally wouldn't tolerate physical or verbal abuse and would leave.

Still doesn't mean that the altercation with the police was any more same or different, but for being a wife and child beater, I agree: What a deplorable piece of ****.

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Did the guy have a gun or not?

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

It's not pettiness.

Have you ever been in a courtroom? You'll find truly petty stuff going on in front of a judge by prosecuting and defense lawyers. Not a pretty job...

That aside, you nailed it - they are disparate issues, circumstantial evidence. Nor am I going to dig up old video to see if Rodney King was high or out of his mind when continuing to resist arrest and being hit to be subdued because the police weren't going to act like counselors and ask and hope he won't treat them as chumps and then steamroller them over. Even if he was disobeying police, we all know the police HAD gone way overboard in their response as well.

6. Michael Scrip macrumors 601

Wife: "He doesn't have a gun"

Cops: "DROP THE GUN! DROP THE GUN!"

Crime scene: Ok look... a gun.

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Sorry, I was responding to him as a family man. The other posts about his police altercation I posted in those regarding what I knew of that situation, which is not the same nor is correlation entirely relevant between his family life and the cop altercation that led to his being killed, which is why I will focus on his being a scumbag toward his family as alleged by the OP in this thread.

Or maybe you could help edify: Did the guy have a gun or not when abusing his family?

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Yes. I have. Godmother was a district court judge, while my father was one of the bailiffs at the time. Plus jury duty.

Agreed.

BL.

9. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm just asking if he had a gun when he was shot.

10. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

This must be why liberals have problems understanding why having a rap sheet a mile long gets you more time in jail when comparing sentences. Character matters.

This guy had a history of threatening to shoot people, actually shooting at people, stabbing people, and physically assaulting them and is now dead for wielding a weapon toward police.

Riot away for this piece of garbage.

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Does what he has done excuse the actions that the LEOs took? Again, Rodney King was an abuser, a drunk, and a druggie. The LEOs were still wrong with what they did.

That's the point you fail to see, and then try to turn it into a liberal versus conservative thing. Wow, the fail is strong in you today.

BL.

12. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Did the guy have a gun when the cops shot him?

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

That is rather irrelevant to the topic of the thread. The OP is trying to say that the LEOs get a pass on killing Keith Scott because of what of his history. Yes, the guy may have a criminal record, but that does not excuse the LEOs in how they may have broken the law themselves.

BL.

14. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The LEOs were wrong for shooting a man with a gun and a history at firing a gun at people? Don't these cops deserve to go home at the end of the day? Or did you want to wait until he had the gun shoved up their ass before they started to fire on him?

15. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

It's not like people are going to do a background check on someone and then decide to riot. It's more of a "in the heat of the moment type" situation.

16. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Oh and BLM portrays this guy as a family man.

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Yes, it's slightly (but not very) off topic. Can you just answer the question because I am having a hard time fonding the answer.

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

We will never know how many people will not be brutalized by this thug in the future.

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'll refer you to @ibookg409 and his question.

If so, provide the source backing your answer. Until then, my comment stands. If anything, you should be more pissed off that the woman didn't leave him after hitting her and hitting the kid (per your quote in the OP), let alone pissed at the court for letting him be able to return to them. But the LEOs get a pass.. :rolleyes:

BL.

20. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Yes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

LOL, that's not a gun it's an ice cream cone, this guy was a hero! Fine role model for the black community.

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Thanks for answering a simple question. I don't know why libs have such a hard time answering direct questions. I watch Pig Hillary dodge direct questions for hours during all of her various hearings and still can't figure it out. I suppose perhaps they avoid direct answers because the truth scares them. Oh well, thanks again.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2016 ---
    See post 20. There's the proof.

23. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I think the bigger question to ask is, "was there the imminent threat or the intent for Scott to go for this gun (if it were truly there; I don't know, as I haven't read the full story), that lethal force was justified?"

If all that is required for lethal force is to have a gun present, then anyone with a CCL or living in a state with open carry should be fearing for their lives for they will be shot if they mention that a gun is present.

BL.

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It was illegal for this guy to have a gun. He knew it and chose to carry a gun anyway. It's pretty safe to assume that a violent felon who carries a gun illegally knows that if he gets caught he's going away for life. So when the cops come his way he knows if they get to close or start sniffing around he's got nothing to lose. He wasn't carrying a gun illegally by accident.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2016 ---
    Also, a violent felon carrying a gun illegally is always an imminent threat. Always.

25. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You won't know he is a threat until he actually threatens. As @jkcerda is wont to say, "Minority Report is only a movie".

BL.