Here is the guy you are rioting for in Charlotte.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Sep 28, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

And Fielding... not Dan Fielding, but the one from the the Woody Allen movie... :( He could be perhaps too caustic on rare occasion but he also had insight and input worth thinking about as well.

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

3. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Um.... please tell me there is supposed to be a /s somewhere in there.

A mast is on a boat/ship that holds the sails up.

Center MASS is where you should aim for on a person. Which is the center of one's body.,

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I drive this....

IMG_0005.JPG
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2016 ---
    Oh. I learn something new everyday. I (and everyone else I know) have been saying it wrong for years. MAybe its a Connecticut thing (big sailing community here).
    I used Renzatics avatar as a homage to him. Someday we will see him again.

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Having a gun on your hip or ankle and having one in your hand are two very different things. If you have a firearm in your hand and a cop tells you to drop it, you drop it. If you have a gun on your hip (open carry) and inform the cop of that weapon, he's going to instruct you to keep your hands on the steering wheel or out the window until you exit the car. If you fail to listen to his orders there is a very high likelihood you're going to end up dead (you are putting the cops safety in extreme jeopardy). The probability of you living beyond the encounter goes up by a large margin if you just follow their instructions. There are courts and a judge to determine if your rights were violated.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

kept my hands visible after I handed it to him, I did not get a ticket :D

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Again, all proving my point. The OP is basing the LEOs actions on the character of the suspect and the fact that he had a gun, not taking into account where the gun was at the time of the incident. According to another post, if it was in an ankle holster, would that be the 'imminent threat' that would cause the LEOs to shoot? Because according to the OP and some others, yes it does.

That leads to the question I had with anyone who has CCL or lives in a state with Open Carry, because even having it in a holster constitutes 'imminent threat'.

BL.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

even the ones that are bigger than I am
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You, Your daughter, and Scott Ian of Anthrax all have something in common...

Your guns are taller than you.

Although with Scott Ian's beard, he may come close. :D :p

BL.

11. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Agree. But then is anyone really surprised? Seriously stupid what people do when they are confronted with cops. Just goes to prove most people like him DO have something to hide and thus why they do what they do. He didn't want to get caught with the gun as he'd be making a return trip to the cell he once occupied and he knew that. So did his wife.
    supposably it's in evidence. That said, I give the police the benefit of the doubt.

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Now you're starting to tread on shaky ground.

Who are you defining as "most people like him"? Because you are definitely starting to stereotype and profile.

BL.

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Criminals.

14. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

shaky ground...LOL. Why do you always come here with a race-card in hand? Ever notice your quicker to play that card than anyone you attempt to throw it at? I have. By anyone, I mean exactly that....ANYONE. Plug in whatever race you want. Don't comply with a cop when he tells you to drop the gun then win the prize coming your way.
    to them perhaps he is. by them, I mean ANY member of BLM.

15. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

watching the birth of the Dem Communist Party
    The sad part is you sound just like the mainstream media who espoused none of this detail early in the process.
    • The suspect/victims behavior
    • The LEO's behavior based on known facts
    • The media's initial response
    • The protestor's who initiated the riots
    All separate items in this drama.
    Mainstream media and protestor's have unfortunately developed a predominately irresponsible behavior.

16. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Yes. ANYONE with a gun in hand and NOT complying with the orders of an officer, especially one with his weapon trained on you, is an imminent threat.

He wasn't just some guy with an open carry weapon on his person. This is just another of many cases where the spider senses and experience of the responders was spot-on. It's not like it was their first stop.

17. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

watching the birth of the Dem Communist Party
    They tend to rely on local gossip and media verbiage.
    He is a convicted felon. Having a firearm is a no-no. ;)

18. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Really? You aren't assuming that the violent fellow convict was in the right? How strange.
    They follow whomever has the loudest and most clever chant.

19. stroked Suspended

stroked

you are wrong. A wounded man can kill you.

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Never said it wasn't a problem. I'm asking that if the weapon wasn't brandished in front of police, would there be any imminent threat for them to draw their weapons and shoot?

I don't argue the fact that as a convicted felon he shouldn't have the gun. I agree with that wholeheartedly.

What I don't agree with is what the OP is saying in that because of his criminal history - because of what he has done to other people - that the LEOs should be justified in shooting him down. This is like saying that if Dr. Dre gets pulled over by the police, just because of what he has done to women and his convictions throughout his life, the LEOs should shoot him dead.

That is not the purpose of law enforcement; the LEOs are there to enforce the law, not judge their decisions based off the character of a person, let alone their prior actions if they have served their time for those actions.

BL.

21. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I am not wrong.

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Wounded things don't/can't kill?

ETA: I see where he is claiming you are wrong, yeah you don't shoot for extremities. I see you have said you don't own guns, have you every fired one?

23. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

One shot to arm or torso should have been sufficient to immobilize the threat, and if it wasn’t they then could have shot again.

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

When you(the generic you) get your information from movies, you might be wrong, this is one of those cases.
    That's not how it works.

25. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

Not necessarily.