Here Is The Low-Cost iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Patriot24, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Would there be an uproar if this ended up being the 5S?

3. Patriot24 thread starter macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I had the same thought whilst watching the video. I don't think it would fly.

4. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I agree; the guy narrating the video was absolutely correct when he pointed out that from a pure aesthetics perspective it falls far short of the bar that the iPhone 5 has set. Whether you're a fan of it from a functional stance or not, it is a beautiful looking phone and that plastic shell is incredibly plain.

Thanks for posting this, by the way. The guy who narrated it does a great job; I'm watching some more of his videos now.

5. Patriot24, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013

Patriot24 thread starter macrumors 68030

Patriot24

He is my favorite on YouTube in terms of getting to the point. He clearly knows his stuff.

I find it a little bizarre that he got a hold of that out of the supply chain. It seems like being in possession of that could fall under stolen property?

6. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Looks good to me. If they made the low end phone a rewrap of the previous years phone is plastic and sold it for a reasonable price I'd be a buyer. I don't need the latest in tech and actually won't buy another iPhone at full cost due to no more subsidies to keep my unlimited plan. My current plan is to buy last years model used when the new one comes out. i.e. keep my 5 and buy a 5S when the 6 comes out. This would be an interesting compromise.