Heres how Apple got their battery times

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mercenary, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/battery.html

An interesting read. Some things of note;

Remember, those super duper battery times are always based on brightness at its lowest and always connecting to a full signal in a test lab. They are not real world times.

2. Charliee707 macrumors newbie

If setting's were at default then brightness was set to the middle of the bar, like it is when you first get an iPhone, so it's not set to lowest.

3. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

Anandtech already got 8 hours + of browsing on LTE. They set the brightness to 200 nits.

4. NoOneHitsHarder macrumors member

Boom.

Anandtech is the man whose scientific analysis I would take without question over any other reviewer. If he says he gets 8 hours on the iPhone 5 then I believe it.

5. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Name me one company whose reported times actually come close to 'real world' times. Apple is actually considered pretty good in this regard. :)

6. james92se macrumors 6502a

I've been getting very good battery times thus far. The first day I got it I pretty much spent the entire day browsing/downloading apps/iMessage/etc. on LTE. I was at just under 7 hours of usage once it got down to about 10% that day. I have no doubt I could get a legit 8 hours browsing/data usage if I had a rock solid LTE signal all day.

I don't know how Apple did it but I'm very impressed. They deserve big kudos for delivering great LTE times after having held off on it about a year longer than everybody was clamoring for.