Here's how to watch YouTube Picture in Picture on supported iPads.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AhmadIsmail688, Nov 24, 2015.

1. AhmadIsmail688 macrumors newbie

There's a new app called "Go Picture in Picture - for YouTube" here:

https://appsto.re/us/v94I-.i

It's so simple; all you need to do is copying any YouTube link and just opening the app.
    It automatically loads your video with Picture in Picture support.

and it also works in Slide Over view that makes it even easier to play your video instantly rather than switching between apps.

That's it .. hope you like it :)

2. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

Nice tip and app but there are in fact already a few 3rd party YouTube apps which support Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture called ProTube and YouPlayer.

3. AhmadIsmail688 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, thanks for that. I tried YouPlayer and it's really great!

but I think this one is pretty much for those people who prefer the official YouTube app and need something as fast as just copying the link to go Picture in Picture

4. username: macrumors 6502a

Pretty neat and seems to work well. Nice one. I have been using Protube a but but it does some funny things that make me prefer the official YouTube app better.

5. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

What funny things do you mean? I have seen recently sometimes the message when i try to play a video 'Please use a different player'. I don't know if this is something YouTube is doing to block ProTube in someway. I will try to get in contact with the developer about this. I still think it's pretty neat that Google still allows such apps as ProTube which have background audio playback and also has nice features such as removing ads, Picture in Picture and Slide Over/Split View for a one time only few euros/dollars.

6. username: macrumors 6502a

Search results are different for me in Protube. The search doesnt seem to work the same. Also some videos dont work or dont play for some reason and then when I switch back to Youtube the video works fine.

7. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

According to the developer the 'please use a different player message should have been resolved with the latest update.
    I only recently noticed that i also didn't see the playlists at first but they are actually there but you have to select it after you searched for something.

8. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Great app and very fast