Here's to hoping antiglare is in stores today

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Apr 14, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I want to buy a base 15" with antiglare. I hope they are in stores today!

2. jhgnag macrumors newbie

Let us know what you find out. I called a store in Denver last night. They said they had some, but they sold out. Curious what you find...

3. Lord Flashheart macrumors regular

Lord Flashheart

Is the bezel on the antiglare the same as the last MBP or did they change it to black like the glossy?

4. reflekt macrumors newbie

Not sure about 15's but the 17 inch ones have the antiglare in store stock.

Went to the Jacksonville FL Apple Store around 4pm yesterday just to take a look and see if they had any in. It was odd that they did not have any of the 15 inch models yet (or they had not got a chance to pull them out of the shipping boxes yet) but they did have a few 17 inch models with glossy and and some with the matte screen.

I assumed the matte versions were a Custom build option but sure enough bought my first mac right there since the matte was in stock. :D

5. simonjj macrumors newbie

simonjj

6. trip1ex macrumors 68000

My favorite xmas song.

7. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

lol..good one

8. kolax macrumors G3

Silver bezel is so sexy.

I prefer the silver bezel, makes the laptop more professional looking. And if the bezel was black, you'd get glare on the surrounding which would look ugly.

9. xrussx macrumors newbie

The apple store didn't have the antiglare or the HRES. They told me its a special order.

10. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Totally agree. I really don't like the giant black bezels that permeate Apple's product line.

11. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

I went to two Washington D.C. area Apple stores yesterday and neither of them had the antiglare models in. I wanted a high-res, antiglare...but I was also impatient. I ended up deciding on the 15" 2.53 i5, glossy. I don't think in the long run I'll be that unhappy with it. With the military discount (same as edu) I decided to also get Apple Care. What I thought was humorous was that at both the stores the employees helping me were surprised I knew they were out and knew so much about the options. They both said something along the lines of "I just came in a little bit ago and didn't even know they were coming". Of course none of them were on display and there were a few people looking at the C2Ds...

12. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

argh i hope they get them today. i'm dying for a new laptop.

the only thing that kept me from ordering online was i thought getting it from the stores would be faster.