Here's to hoping for the return of superior build quality...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knowlege Bomb, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Well in anticipation of the delivery of my 3G S on the 19th, I've passed my 3G on to my girlfriend (so we can send MMS back and forth in the future) and am using her first gen that I bought her back in March of last year to hold me over.

I'll just start off by saying that it's a huge breath of fresh air. I've been using the anti-glare shield from the Apple store on my 3G for quite a while and going back to naked glass is simply amazing. And then there's the ever obvious "expensive" feel of the original aluminum body. Of course everybody (here, at least) knows that's not happening anytime soon. In addition to that, the home button clicks. It actually CLICKS. Every time I push it. It's incredible. I also noticed this on my 1st gen when I pulled it out to unlock it before selling it. It was the same.

So all obvious things aside, that's what I'm hoping for in my 3G S. I want a clicky home button. Is that too much to ask? I realize I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment but a guy can hope, right?

2. dagomike macrumors 65816

My 2G is n great shape. I bought it on launch day and it got much use. The wife will get it when I get the 3GS. I can only hope the 3GS holds up as well.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Its the same exact case as the 3G so you are def. setting yourself up for disappointment if you are hoping for anything different.

I agree the 2G is more solid feel than the 3G, and I think looks better too, but it is also heavier, so there are trade offs.

4. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Ermm.... thanks?