Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueHorizonUK

Contributor
Oct 29, 2003
Does Apple give you the Orange Hermes bag when you buy from them or is it Hermes boutique only?

Also, is it better to buy from Apple or Hermes?

Thanks

onethinline

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
San Francisco
Does Apple give you the Orange Hermes bag when you buy from them or is it Hermes boutique only?

Also, is it better to buy from Apple or Hermes?

Thanks

I was given an orange Hermes bag when I picked up my Hermes Series 3 at the Apple Store, yep. Funnily, they just handed me the flat bag along with the watch box (I was setting up at the stare), and I haven't even opened the bag yet, but hey, it is a nice bag.

technole

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
You do get the bag, well, I did last year.

Buy from Apple as you have the 14 days return period. With Hermès once opened, you're stuck with it...

Yeah, but aside from practically being able to get one overnight vs Apple's backlog, there is also the idea of whether you'll be paying sales tax from Hermes.com or Apple. So if you are sure of what you want, it's not a bad idea either.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Yeah, but aside from practically being able to get one overnight vs Apple's backlog, there is also the idea of whether you'll be paying sales tax from Hermes.com or Apple. So if you are sure of what you want, it's not a bad idea either.

True, but if the the watch is damaged out of the box, will Hermès be ok with swapping it out?

technole

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah, no opened returns it seems so you are at the mercy of Apple's warranty.

However they stuff the package really well, and it doesn't say it comes from Hermes. Fragile stickers, and they ship FedEx only. It was handled with care.

hussainh1

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
Can anyone post photos of their deployment buckle strap configuration on the bottom of the watch? Mine seems to look a little odd since there's a big bump under the metal deployment lock for the leather to go over and then into the loop.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Looking to buy the Hermes 42mm single tour.

Is there any difference in the packaging between the Apple Store or Hermes store?
Hermes boutique you’ll get the orange bag and the ribbon. Apple Store you get neither. Apple return policy is 14 days no questions asked. Hermes is no return policy if inner box is opened.

Eilene

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
I bought mine from H.com...but I called them beforehand. They said that if it was damaged they would exchange it no problem. Now if it is a software problem that is Apples side. I saved money with no tax. I LOVE my Hermes!!!

Reactions: jaydee24601

technole

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
I bought mine from H.com...but I called them beforehand. They said that if it was damaged they would exchange it no problem. Now if it is a software problem that is Apples side. I saved money with no tax. I LOVE my Hermes!!!

I figure that was probably the case, the folks at Hermes were really nice to talk to, and I had called them just to ensure the day I needed to be home from work to sign for it before they sent a shipping notice. No sales-tax outside of NY was the biggest plus!

I would definitely buy anything from H.com again. Everything from the experience, how it was packaged, and the Hermes ribbon was immaculate.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
They will accept returns if the Watch or contents is damaged once opened. Hermes will verify this by calling them directly.
I ordered the S2 Deployment Buckle directly from Hermes last year that arrived damage and they wouldn’t exchange it. I had to add AppeCare+ and get the new item through Apple. Glad they updated their policy, but I still will always buy through Apple simply because the return policy is better.

Reactions: amozo

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Got the 42mm single tour band from the Apple Store and they gave me the orange bag. No ribbon though.
Very nice! My stores in Charlotte don’t carry Hermes and when you order from Apple.com no bag. I just throw the bags and ribbons away though. Oops :)

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Sgt93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
TX
Whenever I mail order anything pricey and it arrives with the shipping box dented or damaged, I video the opening for evidence. It has worked in my favor a few times for insurance with the shipper.

Reactions: AppleKarma

Cashmonee

macrumors 65832
May 27, 2006
Can anyone share experience on what color the indigo single tour is? I already have a fauve barenia and was looking at possible getting a Hermes watch this time, but don't want to double up on the band. How dark is the indigo and how much teal/green is in it?

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Whenever I mail order anything pricey and it arrives with the shipping box dented or damaged, I video the opening for evidence. It has worked in my favor a few times for insurance with the shipper.

I do this too and it helped me last year when I ordered some Ray-Bans. The box was battered and looked to have been taped up again, so I got my camera out... The driver or someone in the warehouse had opened it and stolen the sunglasses...

Reactions: Sgt93

rollzst

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2011
In the UK I am sure if you buy from the Hermes website and simply do not like the watch you can return, under the distance selling laws. These cover all of EU too. Anyone had any arguments with Hermes when returning over the net?

Reactions: AppleKarma

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
In the UK I am sure if you buy from the Hermes website and simply do not like the watch you can return, under the distance selling laws. These cover all of EU too. Anyone had any arguments with Hermes when returning over the net?

John Lewis don't let you return and opened Apple Watch either, no matter how you order... This was confirmed by customer service...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.