Heroic American citizen saves baby and CNN blurs his Trump t-shirt

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Sep 1, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Was the guy wearing that t-shirt when he rescued the infant from the hot car?

News footage shows him wearing a red shirt with some sort of sports team name on it.

No. He made the choice to wear his Trump t-shirt when he went down to the tv station to be interviewed. His support for Donald Trump is irrelevant to the story. If he'd gone on TV and used his interview time to issue an impromptu commercial for (as an example) his family landscaping business, the TV station would cut him off. That's what they did with his t-shirt.

3. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

A molehill.

Also, your count is wrong. Hillary Clinton did a press conference with the NAHJ/NABJ less than 30 days ago. But, thanks for carrying the Trump campaign's water on this one.

4. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

5. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

It's only an "error" when they get called on it.

6. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Indeed. If it had been FOX News blurring a Hillary supporter there would be a one page post from someone.

7. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

I think it's a valid point as long as they blur any other candidates ads from interviews that aren't relevant to politics.

8. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

They have been DNC's propaganda machine for as long as I can remember.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Agreed.

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I don't know what their thinking was here. Maybe they are worried about giving equal time? I mean are they then going to have to have someone wearing a Gary Johnson shirt to appease his supporters?

Personally I am okay with it. Doesn't bother me if a logo shows. They have people supporting various candidates all day long. So no big deal to me. I rather like that people identify themselves so I don't have to wonder or ask. Like the guy I saw last Saturday wearing his Feel the Bern shirt long long after the primaries. :D

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It's kinda not appropriate.

12. zin macrumors 6502

I love reading a certain poster's pathetic excuses covering the Clinton propaganda broadcasters and then noticing the formal response from said broadcaster admitting their mistake.

Amusing.

13. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

What isn't appropriate?

14. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Did they interview the baby's mother? You know, the person that left the baby locked a hot car? I suspect she was wearing an "I'm With Her" T-shirt

15. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Chain of command, not all willfully know about it or would willingly know. Miscommunication can happen, as well as misunderstanding.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 1, 2016 ---
    It'd be more interesting if she wore a Trump T-Shirt.

16. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Fox would not have even done the interview if he had a clinton shirt.

17. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

CNN shouldn't have blurred his shirt. Trump needs all the help he can get in NJ. :)

18. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Like when France's President Hollande referred to "Islamic Terrorism" recently during a discussion with US officials and the official White House feed cut that section out for the video upload? That was attributed to an error, too.

Seems to me like blurring a graphic is quite the specific process, actually takes a bit of time to do. Impossible to do in error.

19. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

So...a baby was rescued. That seems pretty awesome. Carry on though...

20. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

dude...its a shirt. t shirts are clothes and clothes by an extent are a form of expression. blurring any form of expression as simple as a shirt is ****ing pathetic.

shameful

21. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Oh, to enter the fray...does this not have a tinge if irony considering what Trump represents/has intimated?

22. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

CNN, MSNBC, and the over the air channels (ABC, CBS, some local FOX Channels, NBC, PBS) all support Democrats agendas and will slant news so that Trump positive new stories are in a questionable storyline and anything negative is hyped over and over again while Clinton's new if positive is hyped and negative news is shorted and argued based. The executives and producers have it mapped out as to how to go about presenting the Presidental race.

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

What? His buddy Chris isn't delivering the state for him? He was supposed to be good for more than food runs and blank stares into cameras. :D

24. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

He needed a mcchicken :eek:

25. zin macrumors 6502

CNN interviewed Trump by telephone later that day.

[​IMG]