He's ba-a-a-a-ack!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Love that last comment. :p

Anyway, this is a good deal for everyone. Current acquires a known ratings-getter, and Olbermann is back on TV. Of course, Current can't pay him what he was used to getting at MSNBC, but if Olbermann does expand to other media a la Huffpo, he can write his own ticket.

Cue the catty, irrelevant remarks about how Current's audience is smaller than Fox's. :D

2. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Finally, Olbermann will be on a station where his ratings aren't a complete and utter disappointment. In his old time slot he was consistently less than 1/3rd the ratings of his Fox News counterpart. At least on Current the expectations are already so low that he can't really disappoint anyone.

I will be the first conservative to go ahead and wish this irresponsible, homophobic, racist, reactionary, ex-nude model, teabagging supporter of violence against woman and against politicians with whom he disagrees, a whole lot of luck. Who cares if in any other time in our history, this man would have been laughed off the stage as an unqualified and a disaster... He's our Keith Olbermann. ;)

(for those of you who aren't following along, this is a tounge-in-cheek reference Olbermann's famously ridiculous attack on Scott Brown. I, unlike some other people, wouldn't ever personally call someone a racist who didn't truly and repeatedly prove they deserved such an accusation.)

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Has anyone ever told you that your post are quite Olbermann-like?

4. Queso macrumors G4

Might be something to that thought. I've certainly never seen Olbermann and fivepoint in the same room together.

5. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Olbermann backs up his rants with facts.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Current TV? Hmmm, yeah I'll look for that. Oops, its not even in my channel line up. Rats! I was looking somewhere between the tvguide channel and QVC and MTV Estonia-- oh well! :)

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Hmm, I figured he would have been part of this new huffington post/AOL media blitz.

9. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

That's good. We don't want all the blowhards to be right wing. But he's also very knowledgeable and intelligent which helps.

10. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

He may be an obnoxious, arrogant blowhard, but at least he has more intelligence, charm and compassion than Ronald Reagan ever did.

11. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

So you're suggesting he'd enjoy more success at FOX News, then?

12. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

He's not a potential GOP presidential candidate, so they would have no interest in giving him free airtime or funnel money into his campaign.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

14. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

this. never heard of it. Sounds like a station that plays repeats of 90s sitcoms over and over.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I think they run Inconvenient Truth on a continuous loop.

16. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Like shooting fish in a barrel. ;)

5P is right in a way, though. If we examine Fox vs. its two most similar competing networks -- Syfy and Nick Jr. -- we find that in the 8 pm slot, Bill-O handily beats Star Trek: The Next Generation and The Backyardigans.

17. 184550 Guest

If he were knowledge and intelligent, he wouldn't be a blowhard. ;)

18. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I would be happy with a podcast. I dont think I have ever seen the non-podcast version of his show.

19. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Yeah and I guess "Countdown" only beat the ratings for channels of pure static because those viewing either lost the remote in the couch or were too inebriated to change the channel. Lol

20. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Why not? They're not mutually exclusive.

21. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

"Knowledge and intelligent"?

Another one of those digs about how volume of users = quality...

I presume you're writing that from your Windows PC, right? ;)