Hexed ***** people!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 63dot, Jan 3, 2009.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

We probably all know people who are hexed or have bad events happen around them every time people are around them.

Case today: While I am driving home in the dark in an unfamiliar area, a relative who is uncannily unlucky gives my friend and I a call on the cellphone just as we are entering the correct exit. As she calls, many cars come out of nowhere, in a very, very remote area, we are blocked and miss the exit and end up many miles in the wrong direction. This isn't an isolated incident, it happens every time. When this person called me at a prison where I worked as a teacher, this prison had its very first major riot. Relatives love her, and she's the matriarch of the family but these events supernaturally happen anytime she talks, calls, or says anything. I have no scientific explanation.

There is this person that used to work at a client's company, where I fixed computers as a self-employed tech, and this person literally took down computers and networks simply by touching them. Part of this person's bad luck was due to her lack of common sense. On September 12th, 2001, she wanted to take a private lear jet, with a pilot willing to break rules, to fly to a business meeting. She is barely aware that the United States has an air force, but did not believe that 9/11 was real or any sort of eventful happening, and thought they could outfly F-16s and get to their destination, to deliver educational materials at a conference. Thank God that plane never got in the air.

Do you all know people who carry extreme bad luck with them in all that they do?

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Wow, that must suck. I have never met somebody like that.

3. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Well there you go. It's just chance.

As for the second person, you said it yourself: they just have no common sense.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Nor have I. I do have a friend that is extremely lucky though. But it really isn't what I would call "luck" it's more like how he carries himself. He simply asks the questions that most people don't and therefore he gets farther. My mother is the same way. She can get anything she wants be it information, service whatever.

I bet if you would tally up how many times bad things happen when she calls versus how many times nothing happens you'd find it pretty random. It's sort of like how many red lights you get stopped by versus how many you make. Chances are you think you get stopped by red lights more often even though that really isn't the case. Hope all that made sense.

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If it makes you feel any better, it's most plausibly a result of confirmation bias and Post hoc ergo propter hoc reasoning, meaning your friends are no more or less lucky than the rest of us.

That, or your friends engage in foolish acts, resulting in adverse events, which would hardly be unexpected.

6. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

It's one of those things I looked at closely with mathematics, but still there is no explaining the tremendous bad luck around these people. Negative energy? Toxic personalities? I am not sure those exist.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

8. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

They don't. It is just chance.

9. Marble macrumors 6502a

Marble

Of course, some people do have a bearing or attitude that gets them into seemingly miraculous situations, be they good or bad. Someone may be inexplicably attractive to women, or always seem to get betrayed by their friends through no fault of their own. There is definitely something powerful in our unconscious body language and probably in the pheromones we release, etc.