Hey AT&T now that my iPhone is 4G I get 5GB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xultar, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

b4 u throttle me now don't I?

No take back suckaz.

Everyone time to stream or Sling if u have it!

2. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

iPhone 4S is essentially 3.5G capable, as in the HSPA+ backhaul (not 4G, though ATT calls it 4G... regardless, it's in a different bracket). iOS 5.1's "4G" showing is just a moniker for HSPA+.

You keep 3GB unthrottled, the 5GB cap exists for the LTE customers, not HSPA+ customers like those with a 4S.

This of course is unless something changed in the past 6 days and ATT re-revised their standing.

3. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I know that argument. But AT&T can't have it both ways. They'll get sued and they will lose.

4. cynics macrumors G4

I agree I think we are all smart enough to know the difference. However if you are going to say the phone is 4G then why wouldn't it be billed as such?

Seriously if you truly didn't know better would you believe the iPhone saying its 4G right on the screen or the customer rep on the phone that won't give you the data you feel you are owed.

I'd be curious for some of you guys to call to just see what they say. I'm not on AT&T btw or I would just to screw around with them. However I'd gladly take fake 4G if they gave me more data.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

So you know that HSPA+ and LTE are different things, but you're going to sue AT&T and pretend you don't know that they're different things? Is that the scheme?

6. dave420 macrumors 65816

This link describes AT&T's throttling policy. It clearly states the 5 GB limit is for LTE devices only, and that HSPA+ devices only get 3 GB before being throttled.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yeah, but you get a deduction of 1GB for each ridiculous spelling and grammatical error, so I think you owe them some back.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

"Only your data throughput speed will change if you use 3GB or more in one billing cycle on a 3G or 4G smartphone or 5GB or more on a 4G LTE smartphone."

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Once the LTE iPhone comes out, I expect 5GB of data on my "unlimited" plan. Something tells me AT$T will change this again prior to the new iPhone release.

10. Xultar, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

It cracks me up that there are people with nothing more important to do than patrol the Internet discussion forums as grammar police.

Now, I completely understand if I had written an article or blog post for consumption as a news item but I didn't. I posted a silly item In a discussion forum. Then, along comes a person with a masters in Internet grammar to grade my post as if I was writing a news article or thesis on joking around with AT&T. Seriously?

Wouldn't u rather teach English to needy children it is more fulfilling. They might even pay a little.

----------

I used to work at Cingular, so I think I'd know the difference.

I've written more training on wireless devices than I care to remember.

Alos, I don't recall saying in my original post that I'd sue. Did I say that?

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

So saying "they'll get sued" means you know of someone else who is going to sue, it's just not you?

I guess I can go back and edit the pronouns in my post.

12. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

Well I was just being foolish. Seeing how the grammar police were patrolling the area. It is ridiculous isn't it.

Not too long ago bing a 'gadget' geek was fun. We'd post, talk, joke, fool around and have fun in the discussion forums. Now it is pure drudgery. Aren't we supposed to like this stuff? It isn't a job. It was the last bastion of geekdom that was fun.

Geez guys come on. It is a phone for crying out loud, not the middle east process lighten up.

13. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Go sue them. Please come back and let us know how things turned out.

14. magicbrain macrumors regular

ha ha ha

1) expect for this thread to be closed shortly

2) yes, sue!

3) to add insult, att just announced they won't throttle ipad unlimited users ... attFail ... got to love their complete disregard for loyal customers

15. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

No, the grammar police would tear this post apart. What Interstella5555 was funny. IMO he was playing along. But... If you're going to post something that over the top then don't have such thin skin. For shizzle!