Hey Best Buy employees... screw you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

subigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
I live pretty close to a Best Buy and I know that their daily UPS shipment arrives everyday around 2pm, so for the past few weeks I've gone in around that time in hopes of snagging a 3g iPad. Well, today they finally came in, but I was totally screwed over by Best Buy employees.

When I asked if the UPS truck had come in, one of the employees said it was being unloaded as she spoke. It was me and one other guy waiting in line to see if any came in... Well, she came back and said they had one wifi version available, so the guy in front of me got it... now comes the ********.

I decided to look for a new mouse while I was there and while I was looking around, what did I see? A couple of store employees (not in uniform, but I know they were employees because I've seen them before), buying 2 iPads each, in the back of the customer service section.

So I run over to the website on one of the laptops and pull up the store inventory. What do I find? How about some 32GB 3Gs in stock... I ask to talk to a manager, but he "wasn't available" and some regular employee tells me, "sorry, we did get some 3Gs in, but they have already been sold". I say, yeah, to employees, they never even stocked them... and he says he'll take down my name and have a manager get back to me... right.

Anyway, I'm pissed. This kind of crap shouldn't be allowed and I'm sure if Apple found out about it the store would get bitchslapped.

Here's my proof they had them today:

GamecockMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2005
Columbia, SC
Sounds like you've got only one course of action here...get hired as a Best Buy employee (how hard can that be?), use your insider position to purchase an iPad (wonder if you get an employee discount?), then quit immediately thereafter. :D

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
I would expect no less from Best Buy.

They are and always have been scum!:eek:

I have purchased nothing from them for the last few years when they sold me a used camera for new. The manager even argued with me and said that maybe I had filled out the warranty card in the box of the "new" camera. I told him I would have used my OWN NAME!:mad:

I know how bad people want a iPad but Best Buy is the WORST!:eek:

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I've long since learned that Best Buy's online inventory is as undependable as their in store system. I've looked online for something saw a few were in stock, only to go there and they have nothing. They also have a bad habit of mislaying items, so it'll be in stock, but the employees won't be able to find said items.

I know it sucks, but get used to it. Hopefully they didn't blow smoke up your rear, and they will call you for the next shipment.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
So, just playing the Devil's advocate....

What if those employees have been waiting longer than you?

If they have, what makes your money better than theirs?

Just order one from Apple.....like I did....it's painless.

Steve

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Oh please. Your rant is derivative and probably the 5th one today. :rolleyes:

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
What is exactly wrong with an employee of a store getting first dibs on an item :confused:? Their cash is as good as anyones.
This, plus the employee you talked to may have no idea that employees were buying them.

I understand being frustrated, but seriously is it the end of the world?

subigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
What is exactly wrong with an employee of a store getting first dibs on an item :confused:? Their cash is as good as anyones.
What's the problem? How about the fact that there is no waiting list at best buy and everything if first come, first served. The problem is they never even stocked the ipad 3Gs at all. They got them in, obviously called their co-worker friends, and they came and bought them in the back.

Even though I was waiting in line for one, I didn't get one, because they lied and said they only received one wifi model.

funkeruski

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
I called BB about three weeks ago asking if they had any 3G's in stock. They didn't, but took my name down and would call me when they came in. I have since ordered and received one from Apple.com, but they called me today to tell me they had received some 32gb 3G's. So, they're not all scumbags.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
What's the problem? How about the fact that there is no waiting list at best buy and everything if first come, first served. The problem is they never even stocked the ipad 3Gs at all. They got them in, obviously called their co-worker friends, and they came and bought them in the back.

Even though I was waiting in line for one, I didn't get one, because they lied and said they only received one wifi model.
Here's the scenario you walk in and ask, then the sales person goes to the back to ask the supervisor back there. The sup says only they received one wifi and then hands out the 3G to some employees (or they opened one box with the wifi and then the other box wasn't opened for ten minutes because it was under other boxes...)

Any number of things could have happened and more likely than not the sales person you talked to had no idea they got the 3G models in

subigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
I called BB about three weeks ago asking if they had any 3G's in stock. They didn't, but took my name down and would call me when they came in. I have since ordered and received one from Apple.com, but they called me today to tell me they had received some 32gb 3G's. So, they're not all scumbags.
I've been told more than once that "Apple will not allow us to start a waiting list. Sorry."

subigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Here's the scenario you walk in and ask the sales person goes to the back to ask the supervisor back there. The sup says only got one wifi in and then hands out the 3G too some employees or they opened one box with the wifi and then the other box wasn't opened for ten minutes because it was under other boxes...

Any number of things could have happened and more likely than not the sales person you talked to had no idea they got the 3G models in
The bitch I talked to was the one checking them out.

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
if you hurry on to Ebay you might still be able to buy them from one of those two store employees, but you might have to pay a little bit more :)

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
The delightful person I talked to was the one checking them out.
Doesn't change the fact that they probably didn't know when you asked that they had received them, what did you want her to do run around the sotre seeing if you were still there once she found out they had some?

Status
Not open for further replies.