Hey guys, do you have any suggestions for a dual screen mirroring app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pkson, Jun 20, 2011.

1. pkson, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011

pkson macrumors regular

Here's what I would like to do:

Have a window open on my laptop screen, and have another window open on a dual monitor which mirrors what's going on in the original window.

The situation is that I would like to open pixelmator (or any other whiteboard app) and write on my tablet (Bamboo) and have that window showing on the other screen.

I've tried the following:
    • Used an iPad to sync Whiteboard on my mac and iPad - this worked fairly well, but I need to go in and out of sync because I use the whiteboard randomly
    • Used an app called "Mirror" - this mirrors a window/app/desktop onto the other screen effectively, but this is CPU intensive, and I need to switch back and forth from opening the app and quitting.
    • Mirroring the desktop won't work because of the huge difference in resolution between the MPB 15" monitor and the 1024X768 projector, plus I have to keep going back into the sys pref to switch.

Wifi isn't a good option, because sometimes, I'm in a place where the wifi is unstable (I know I can make a network, but the first iPad attempt didn't quite cut it.)

I'd like to know if there's a way to mirror two whiteboards.

If you have any suggestions, I'd be very happy to hear about it.
    Thanks
    PK

EDIT: PS. What I'm doing right now is just pulling the Pixelmator window into the projector and just craning my neck to write when I need to. (because I give keynote presentations, but I need to switch to scribbling sometimes)

PPS. What I'd really want is to just open an app and have one screen on my MBP and one on the projector, and be able to scribble on the MBP and have it show on the projector at the same time. Is there a way to make a script for that? or is there's an app that can do that?

PPPS: Powerpoint can mirror screens and scribble pretty well, but how do I keep the scribbles after I'm out of the presentation?

2. pkson thread starter macrumors regular