Hey guys, this is my upcoming Spot A Liar (video lie detector for iPhone/iPad)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by HairyPotter, Feb 28, 2011.

1. HairyPotter macrumors regular

Hey guys, what do you think of my upcoming Spot A Liar (video lie detector for iPhone/iPad)? Release date: March 3 - see youtube video!

[​IMG]

Hi guys, this is Spot A Liar, my upcoming video lie detector for iPhone/iPad to be released March 3.

Spot A Liar uses scientific approach to detect lies, based on how people behave under stress and how these behaviors betray the liar. Small signs as excessive eye flickering, stiff posture, blushing and other signs can tell you a person is lying or not.

Using Spot A Liar is very simple:

* you shoot a video interviewing the potential liar, asking her/him what you want to know;
    * You import this video on Spot A Liar;
    * if the video contains more than one question, you tell the app where each question begins;
    * you watch each question and take notes of all predominant behaviors presented by the subject while he/she was answering that question. Behaviors like excessive eye flickering, blushing, stiff position, relaxed position, high pitched voice and other that may represent a potential lie.
    * you tell Spot A Liar each behavior you noticed and the app shows you a score board with the probability of lie/truth on the answer.

Spot A Liar is universal (works on iPhone and iPad), is fun and very easy to use.

Watch the YouTube video here:

Spot A Liar - video lie detector for iPhone and iPad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGEZHNd2C6M

I will be posting more news here as soon as it is released!

I hope you like! :D:D

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I like it, but are you sure it's legal? I doubt that many would like their video judged by a panel of people to determine if they are lying.

3. psonice macrumors 6502a

From the title, I was expecting another of those stupid apps that just randomly display "truth" or "lie" over the image, but I was pleasantly surprised :)

Just a word of warning though: don't overestimate the intelligence of the average app store customer. People are stupid enough to believe something like this is 100% reliable, and base their real world decisions on what it says. That's entirely their own fault so far as I'm concerned, but expect the odd bad review because of it ;)

(And I don't see why this would be illegal? It's not doing anything you can't do without the app, just by watching the video. If people don't want themselves judged in some way, they surely shouldn't be sharing videos!)

4. HairyPotter thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, right. Thanks for the comments.

The application never says it has the final truth. The application gives you probabilities based on psychological studies of body language and behavior. It is up to you to decide. The application is just a helping tool and I think it is fun and cool to use. :D

5. psonice macrumors 6502a

Yep, looks like a good idea and nicely implemented.

Just saying though, some people will just read the app name before buying, totally ignore the description and any text in the app, then complain that you can't point the phone at somebody and have it shout "liar liar pants on fire". I'm going on my own experience here :( Not that it matters, it's just hugely annoying :D

6. HairyPotter thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I know. Some people complain about anything... :D
    But anyway, I did it for fun. Developing that was a pleasant experience and gave me good laughs along the way. I hope people find it cool too. :D