hey, how many of you think that you cannot live without your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YOYOmanmanman, Aug 5, 2011.

1. YOYOmanmanman macrumors newbie

just want to know that how many of you cannot live without your iPhone?:confused::confused::confused::apple:

2. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

definitely me, I find myself browsing more on my phone than I do on my desktop, but mostly its out of pure convenience.

it also helps the day pass at work. (I always have it playing music in the background).

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

depends at work i like to have it, if im out doing something already and i forget my phone it doesnt bug me too much becasue im already doing something

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I would definitely need a music player of some sort to carry around with me every day. I could definitely get by with an iPod Touch and a plain messaging phone but why not have a phone that can do both perfectly?

And in all fairness with Androids, they just don't have the same seamless integration of a music player and desktop application that can really keep it organized.

Windows Phone 7 and Zune would be my second choice instead of my iPhone.

5. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Me. The time or two that I have accidentally left it at home, I turned the car around to go back and get it.

I feel all nekkidy without it.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I could live without mine, but I'd prefer having one.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I'll be in DPRK soon where my iPhone will be all but useless. We'll see if I survive.

8. Tones2 macrumors 65816

I can certainly live without my iPhone specifically. But I couldn't live without some kind of smartphone with enough memory to carry media, though.

Tony

9. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I would curl up and die...

Sllloooowwwwlllyyyy...

10. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Serious answer..... Of course I can. Its not aiding me to live :rolleyes:

Not so serious answer...... I'd be upset if I didn't have it. I'd be very bored on the loo otherwise.

11. chestvrg macrumors 65816

I miss my iphone 4, but waiting for the 5 :)

Sent from my GT-I9100

12. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

13. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

I cannot live without some type of smartphone. iPhone is definitely my preferred choice, but I would be able to do everything I can do on this phone with an Android phone. Just wouldn't be as happy with the OS.

Listen to music every day, take pictures, FB, games every once in awhile, GPS/Maps, email, calendar... Would definitely be difficult to go back to a dummy phone.

I remember when I got my first 'smartphone'... this was SO money back in the day!
    [​IMG]

And then my first real PDA smartphone...
    [​IMG]

Sure have come a LOOOONG way since then.

14. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I think I couldn't. It's a natural habit to always carry it with me all times and not having it with me it's like breaking "my natural life cycle" lol

15. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Should have made this a poll.

And I'll raise my hand. I know I've lived without one for three decades (hell, I've been without a cellphone at all for at least 2 decades) but now I just can't imagine not being miserable without one (ok, I could live without one, but I just can't imagine being happy without one).

And as some one else said, if I forget my iphone, I feel very naked. I think I'd rather forget my wallet than my phone!!! Though I think technically I'd be worse off w/out the wallet (as it has all my money) than the phone. I suppose if I got stranded and just have the phone I could try to see if the person would accept paypal if I needed something.

I can't wait til my phone can be my wallet even though I know that makes it even easier for a thief to really mess me up if they get my phone.

16. Savor Suspended

Savor

I can live without an iPhone because I have a laptop and Pixi Plus for a backup phone. My iPhone is still my main phone but now gets charged every 3-4 days since I got the Pixi 2 1/2 weeks ago. And once I get the PS Vita next year, internet usage should get less and less with my iPhone 4 which also saves it more battery cycles for the longer run.

The Pixi is much more compact for me for music and I feel webOS is so underrated. I just love flicking cards and the one-handed operation. The folks at PreCentral are so helpful. The Pre feels cheap with the sliding mechanism and less balanced in my hand because the top gets heavy after you slide-out.

I still love my iPhone 4 just because of the apps and ecosystem, but I could never really get bored of any other OS mainly because you can find ways to customize it and add apps. Once you learn it, customizing it or adding patches starts to become fun. I just look through forums and YouTube to help me. Just give me Wi-Fi, a YouTube, and a decent music player, and I'm good for any phone.

I can live without an iPhone since I have a collection of gadgets. But I would have a harder time living without a smartphone.

17. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

I can live without mine. I have an iPad and a computer I can use. Plus there are other phones that work just as well.

18. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

19. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I lived without an iPhone before I had an iPhone, so I'm sure if I were forced into having some other type of phone, a dumbphone, or no phone at all, I'd quite literally survive. But, since getting my first iPhone, I have, like everyone else, taken advantage of its many capabilities and implemented them into my own life. I have grown accustomed to what I can do with it and life would be significantly less convenient without it.

20. ritmomundo, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I can live without mine. When I travel out of country, I don't take my iPhone (VZW, so no SIM slot). I take an unlocked dumbphone and use a SIM calling card. Its amazing how easily you can adjust to life with/without an iPhone.

For those saying they would die without their iPhones, what exactly do you do on them thats so important? Web/email? Music? Games?

Here you go: iPhone wallet
    And for the ladies: Linky

21. labman macrumors 604

labman

When Steve Jobs says that's all folks! I'm jumping out the window! :rolleyes: compared to the loss of a loved one even the iPhone does not compare! I would shed a tear and move on!

22. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I'm immortal, so of course I wouldn't die. I just wouldn't like my life much.

I use it for everything. Work, my volunteer organization, music, internet, you name it. Heck, I even use the calculator several times a day.

It's my alarm clock, my reminder for things I can no longer remember the older I get. It's my flashlight in the middle of the night so I don't trip over a dog on my way to the bathroom.

I could go on and on and on...

23. Savor Suspended

Savor

I think there are too many gadgets out now that is just overlaps each other's usages. My stepdad still has his first gen iPhone to play games while sitting in the john, but his main phone is the Droid X because he switched back Verizon after dealing with AT&T for only 6 months back in 2008. He also has a Samsung Galazy Tab where he usually checks his email because of the bigger screen. My mom has a cheap Pantech messaging phone, but also has an Amazon Kindle to read books. I may look into getting a BlackBerry PlayBook for my internet tablet since I may have to wait next year for a PS Vita. You even have the 3DS that can stream Netflix now.

So many of portable gadgets can do the same thing whether phones, tablets, portable media players, or video game handhelds. So it all depends on a person's situation and what they have. Now if I could choose to only have ONE device in my pocket and didn't have other devices, I would pick iPhone first. Only my 5-year old VAIO laptop is just as important to me because I prefer browsing the web on a bigger screen like most people who have an iPad or whatever tablet.

But I have options, so it doesn't bother me that much anymore if I didn't have an iPhone with me everyday. Owning multiple gadgets is like owning multiple cars. If one breaks down, you still have another to take you places.

Can I live without an iPhone? Yes, but this is based on my current situation and options I have.

Can I live without internet access? Maybe, but it becomes much harder than living without an iPhone. I need to check my email and be updated with the news.

Right now, my phones are lying right next to my PSP as I type this on my laptop. So it isn't a big deal like it used to be depending if you have options.

24. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Considering I've lived pre-cellphones, internet, computers with hard drives, MP3 players, CD players, various forms of 3D and cable television, I don't think it would be too difficult.

25. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

Good question, I think I could live, but the withdrawals would be ruff. We will see, I've been debating on picking up a nice android for something different, however my iPhone wouldn't be sold. The only android I would ever leave my iPhone 4 for would be galaxy S2. Then I would sell both and get the five. Although when I get my bonus at the end of the month I may pick up a android on a gsm carrier just so I could have an unlocked phone.