Hey, President Trump, just sign the darn thing! Don't go against Congress, just sign it, man!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Jul 27, 2017.

1. darksithpro macrumors regular

Just sign it, Trump! Don't make more enemies, especially Republicans, when all this is going on. Just do it man.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/27/politics/russian-sanctions-passes-senate/index.html

"The Senate on Thursday passed sweeping legislation slapping new sanctions on Russia and rebuking President Donald Trump in a bill that now will head to the President's desk.

The bill, which gives Congress new powers to block Trump from easing sanctions against Moscow, passed the Senate 98-2. It passed the House on Tuesday 419-3."

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well he needs advice from his banker first. but I doubt his banker will approve.

3. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Oh wow, 98-2. That's a lot of senators to threaten.

4. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Not to mention the House. I'm truly surprised so bipartisan.

But Donald is an idiot and his ego knows no bounds. I wouldn't bet a single dollar on the final outcome.

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Trump would be slapping himself in the face if he didn't sign it. Nice to see both sides agreeing on something, even if it is as sad as this.

6. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

He would be humiliated if he didn't, right? All they need is two thirds to overturn, and they already have that right now. If he didn't sign it, he would be overrided and in the history books.

7. kobalap macrumors 6502

That's because its incredibly obvious to everyone in the world (other than Trump supporters) that president orange buffoon is nothing more than Putin's stooge.

8. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

I'm a Trump supporter and I created this thread, what say you?

9. kobalap macrumors 6502

A broken clock is right twice a day?

10. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

Not all of his followers are blind. We do surprisingly, from time to time know what's right and wrong and can admit that.

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

His only reason not to sign it is if he has personal reason to think it's safer to veto it and take the override than to even look like he acquiesces to more sanctions on Russia.

Which, since he's being investigated about such possible connections, only means he should suck it up and sign anyway if he wants to stay in office. Maybe he'll resign.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Hmmm, I wonder who the five people who didn't vote for this were and what their reasons were? I must research this.

13. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

Guys, guys come on now. He has to veto it just so he can actually make it even tougher on Russia.

/s

I wouldn't be surprised if he vetoes it just as a middle finger to Congress for failing on ACA repeal. Though he's going to look even dumber when Congress overrides it.

14. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

It would be very stupid of him to veto. They would simply override. They have the votes to do it right now.

15. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

Surely you haven't been living under a rock the last 6 months.

16. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, but I know when Congress means business and there's nothing the POTUS can do about it. This is a slam dunk deal.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

The question is does HE know that? Or does he care? He might just consider a veto his vote on the matter for his supporters.

18. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

He CAN veto, but it only delays the inevitable. These sanctions will happen regardless of what the POTUS thinks, or feels.

19. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I think he should veto it. Nothing says "You're the man" like vetoing and then making life very hard for those who went against you. I also believe he should fire Sessions and Mueller. As POTUS, you have to have big cajones and be prepared to swing 'em.

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Then he can get impeached.

21. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Nothing sticks to Trump, though! Trump is rubber in a glue factory. Everything repels!

22. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Yup even the senators that are republican.

:p

23. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

Cmon, we ALL KNOW, that NONE of us would sign that **** if it were us. I hope he DOESN'T sign it and tweets a blank a picture of a blank line, with a quote saying:

"Here goes noth'n... No, SERIOUSLY, here goes noth'n, I'm NOT signing this ********!"

Dem/Rep, this Russia stuff is a crock of **** and just a distraction to other, more factual and pressing matters.

24. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

My guess is, he doesn't sign, the bill passes, and then he refuses to implement it. After all, he's already got one EO saying that two regulations must be removed for every new one enacted, right? If that EO doesn't apply, he can simply write a new one that lets him mess with legislation as he sees fit...

25. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Hell, if the Browder testimony is to be believed, Trump is in a lot of trouble. He should sign, because he's arguably screwed either way...