Hey Siri sent my reminders to my Wife's iPhone and iPad? Different Apple ID's?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MartyCan, Apr 28, 2015.

1. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I posted this in a thread but got to thinking that this is worthy of it's own thread. Possibly a security issue/flaw I think. See below. No exaggeration or panic but this actually happened and my wife was here when it did.

Wow, this was bizarre. 1st day with my new watch. It is paired to my iPhone 6+ only. On my AppleID.

I just tried "Hey Siri" to set a reminder to put a few things in the car for a trip tomorrow.

It went to my wife's iPad. Same WiFi network yes. But different Apple ID's and her iPad has always been her iPad. It is not some hand me down from me. Hers is newer than mine actually.

The only vague connection is that I bought it on my Apple account as a gift for her. But it has never, ever had my Apple ID in it.

Any ideas?

After init post we thought about it. We do use "shared reminders" but it only showed up on her iPad and then her iPhone. Not on my stuff at all. Seems really odd that the Watch would send my reminder to a different user? The reminder has not appeared on my Phone or iPad.

2. MartyCan thread starter macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Things move so fast on these forums I am bumping this up. Seems to me this is a serious error. We did not imagine it.

3. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

How about family sharing? Do you have a shared calendar? If your family calendar is the default, then it (correctly) put the item in that calendar, which also puts it in the shared calendar of your wife's devices.

4. RAD1 macrumors newbie

It sounds like either your wife's iPhone or iPad was plugged in and within earshot when you said 'Hey SIRI' and it activated SIRI on one of her devices.

5. Subdiv macrumors 6502

OP, the suspense is killing me. Did your wife put the things in the car?
    :D

6. Marshall73 macrumors 6502a

Marshall73

Plus one on the family sharing, My wife and kids were confused when they had a whole load of reminders appear and it was because my default reminder list was the shared family one.

7. anticipate macrumors regular

I have already reported this bug to apple. Basically if you have multiple phone numbers or icloud accounts tied into iMessage on your phone, the Watch picks the wrong one to send from. I had to uncheck my work phone from my personal iPhone to get Watch to send from my phone.

I'm guessing this reminders issue is related.

8. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Nope, really doesn't sound the same at all. His wife likely has her own apple id.

9. mrboba1 macrumors regular

I did this yesterday. Said "Hey Siri" and a watch and someone else's charging phone picked up my voice.

10. MartyCan thread starter macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Blong work dsy so sorry I have not replied.

She has a different Apple ID than I do. We do share reminderx.

As I was dictating the reminder to my Watch, Sirir was respomding from her iPad. As in I could heAr Siri in her ipad before I was done speKing. My iPad and i phone were in the same rooma nd I got nothing.

I. F/u it may look like I did eventually get my remonders but this behaviour was pretty weird.

11. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Don't drink and technology, bro.