Hey Tea-Party. This is your OTHER guy!

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
(CNN) – A national leader of the conservative Tea Party movement has been strongly criticized by Islamic civil rights leaders for referring to the proposed site of a New York City mosque as a place for Muslims to worship "the terrorists' monkey-god."

Tea Party Express organizer Mark Williams blogged on his Web site last week that the mosque - to be constructed near the former site of the World Trade Center - would be a "monument ... for the worship of the terrorists' monkey-god and a 'cultural center' to propagandize for the extermination of all things not approved by their cult."

Williams, who also referred to "animals of Allah," was rebuked Thursday by the Council on American-Islamic Relations. The group issued a release Wednesday calling on other Tea Party activists to repudiate Williams' remarks.

"It would be shocking if such ignorant comments failed to elicit a strong response not only from Tea Party leaders, but from other parties throughout the political spectrum," CAIR National Legislative Director Corey Saylor said.

For his part, Williams was unapologetic toward Muslims.

"In the course of the article I described the 'god' worshiped by terrorists as 'a monkey god,'" he wrote on his Web site. "I was wrong and that
was offensive. I owe an apology to millions of Hindus who worship Lord Hanuman, an actual Monkey God."
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/20/islamic-leaders-decry-tea-party-reference-to-muslim-monkey-god/?fbid=EUTkyBsRBga

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
So not only is their senator of choice a racist, their leader is racist too.

Said it before and I've said it again: The tea party is rooted in racism. This just proves it.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Go TEA Party, go! Keep it up! Talk louder! Say more idiotic things!

You guys will sweep your butts right back to obscurity in November. I love it. Good job! :D

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
So instead of smiting, or hurling thunderbolts, would a monkey-god fling poo from on high?

That doesn't sound so good. Mayhaps Mr. Williams should avoid any zoos...
Yes, but if that monkey-god is anything like the monkey I saw at the zoo a couple years back, it would come down from the heavens and eat the poo after throwing it.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Yes, but if that monkey-god is anything like the monkey I saw at the zoo a couple years back, it would come down from the heavens and eat the poo after throwing it.
And then masturbate while smiling at the children.

"No honey, don't look!"

Horrified parents are a treat to see at the zoo. :)

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
And then masturbate while smiling at the children.

"No honey, don't look!"

Horrified parents are a treat to see at the zoo. :)
I've never seen a monkey jacking off at the zoo (thank god) but I once saw two tigers going at it and a little girl said "Mommy, what are they doing?" and the mom didn't really answer. You'd think they would keep male and female animals separate, or maybe they do and the tigers were gay. Who knows, I wasn't going to go down and get close enough to look ;)

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I've never seen a monkey jacking off at the zoo (thank god) but I once saw two tigers going at it and a little girl said "Mommy, what are they doing?" and the mom didn't really answer. You'd think they would keep male and female animals separate, or maybe they do and the tigers were gay. Who knows, I wasn't going to go down and get close enough to look ;)
Oh god, that's funny. The monkeys at Lincoln Park Zoo are constantly putting on a show it seems. I think they know they freak out the parents and have fun doing it. :)

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Oh god, that's funny. The monkeys at Lincoln Park Zoo are constantly putting on a show it seems. I think they know they freak out the parents and have fun doing it. :)
The monkey eating poo was at the Berlin Zoo. He must've thought he was in one of those infamous German Scheisse movies.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
So not only is their senator of choice a racist, their leader is racist too.

Said it before and I've said it again: The tea party is rooted in racism. This just proves it.
I didn't realize the islamic religion was a race now.

As for monkey gods, I would agree with this person if he didn't believe in his own terrorist monkey god of the christian variety.

Sydde

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Obviously Mr. Williams has mixed up his theologies. The "monkey god" was 孫悟空, a symbol of Buddhism (though he was not literally a god, merely a quasi-supernatural being).

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Stay classy tea party.

The monkeys at the old Central Park Zoo used to fling poo and spit on people. :D

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
CA
Its also been an animal for longer. Monkey monkey monkey.
I said this because you have to consider every possibility. It is unfathomable that he would know so little of the Muslim religion that he would accuse Allah of being a monkey god. It's equally puzzling to think he had confused Muslims with Buddhists, Hindus or any other group given the specific attention to the Muslims. I cannot create a good explanation for why he would use those words. Can you?