Hey...what is a good cleaning product to use on the unibody MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by capriseyhaze, Mar 7, 2009.

1. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

2. Tosser macrumors 68030

Damp soft cloth.

"Iklear? Pfft!
    Next you'll be able to buy the "iKloth - especially made for Macs" ...

3. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Have you ever used iKlear?

4. dingus macrumors member

for the glass-covered screen, anything wrong with windex sprayed on a lint-free cloth? am i at risk of wiping off a special enviro-friendly angel tear coating or something?

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You know the product is called Klear? They just put the i- on it and sell it in the Apple stores; same price as the regular stuff.

So iKlear = Klear spray ;)

6. simplemind macrumors member

UT (for the time being, cant leave soon enough)
    I have been using Windex on a microfiber towel daily to clean the screen and the glass trackpad, I also use it to clean the body, sparkling clean and no issues at all.

7. Intense macrumors regular

I have read of many users using Windex, last i know, Windex uses ammonia or a product of some sort, you might want to double check if that's actually good for the long-term durability of the coatings on the screen/surface of the computer.

hmmm ... any one has more insight into this and perhaps can help... gracias.. I wet the tip of a microfiber that i have bought from the dollar store with some tap water (cold/hot/warm.. doesn't really matter) and then i squeeze the water out completely then turn off my computer and then proceed to rub the screen lightly and then the keyboard and then the whole case. Then i use the dry part of the microfiber to give the screen and the keyboard and the case a final buff, that's it.