Hi Apple your iPad and iPhone are cool but I would like a cool computer too.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by manewman, Jun 10, 2010.

1. manewman macrumors newbie

Hi Apple your iPad and iPhone are cool but I would like a cool NEW computer too. I mean, my computer with a year and a half old technology is cool ... but a year and a half. Really Apple? Really?

Just sayin!

2. DJ Dilbert macrumors regular

DJ Dilbert

I feel your pain brother...I've been waiting since Q1 for some announcement about when to expect a refresh. I need a desktop to relieve some of the stress on my 4 year old MBP and don't like some of the reviews on the Nehalem MP.

Get your heads on straight Apple! Mobile devices aren't your only products. If you are gonna focus so much on that, then make it a separate division of Apple or something!

3. nxent macrumors 6502

i'm sure apple's got something in the works for their next workstation machine... but yeh, it does seem like apple hasn't been paying as much attention to it's mac pro line up in favor of the flashier iphones and ipads. what's the latest on bluray coming to macs or has that been abandoned?

4. DJ Dilbert macrumors regular

DJ Dilbert

I'm sure that there is something coming too, I just wish that it would've been mentioned at least.

I doubt Blueray is abandoned though. I think we've pretty much gotten to the point that it is the preferred technology for HD and increased storage space.

I'd like to think that with the next-gen cores (whatever that is going to be) we will see an optional BlueRay drive and HDMI output alongside the standard Superdrives and DVI/Mini-DVI.

5. strausd macrumors 68030

You can put a bluray drive in a Map Pro now, it's just OS X doesn't support it. I think that if they support it, it won't be til 10.7

6. DJ Dilbert macrumors regular

DJ Dilbert

I know you can put it on but I meant as an option when building your own.

7. ClassicII macrumors 6502

ClassicII