Hi! I'm new here, and I have a hardware issue with my new iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bennethon, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Bennethon macrumors newbie

So I got a second gen touch for Christmas, and I LOVE it... Except for this small hardware defect I found a few days ago. Well, I don't know how big of a deal it is, so I thought I would check with you guys. There is a slight looseness, a wiggle, in my volume buttons on the side. If I place my finger on them and move it up and down, I can feel it shifting. It makes me nervous, especially since the unit is so new.

Am I overreacting? Is this just expected, acceptable error? Does anyone else notice this?

Thanks guys! Good to be part of the iPod community, reguardless.

2. Topper59 macrumors member

yep, so is mine, it does make me nervous too.

i wish they had made it stationary like the power button

3. dudeofswim macrumors member

:confused:

Hmmm odd typing on mine no wiggle got week after came out so ??? It has a nice click:eek:

4. Surely Guest

Surely

I don't think that you have anything to worry about.

Normal.

5. Bennethon thread starter macrumors newbie

:confused: bummer for me I guess. Do you think the Apple Store guys can help?

6. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

At least they can put your mind at ease that this is not really a big problem.

7. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

8. Bennethon thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I took it to the apple store yesterday, and the guy said it wasn't a big deal, but he would replace it if I really wanted. :D I said, sure, I'll go for the replacement, but when he got into the process he found out that they didn't have any replacement units on the store. :(

So now they are going to order a unit and call me when it gets in... But now I am having second thoughts. What if the replacent unit is some refurb with it's own problems? Have you guys had any experience with exchanging iPods at the apple store?

9. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Judging by the number of complaints on this thread, I'd say very few other iPods have this problem. As for other problems, the refurbs should be of higher quality because they have been tested more thoroughly.