iPhone Hi. is there a way i can update from 6.0.1 to 6.1.2 without going to 6.1.4 ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by llbaronll, May 20, 2013.

1. llbaronll macrumors member

Hi. title says it all.

i was able to find a brand new iphone 5 with 6.0.1 " miracle i tell you. all new phone is newer software "

and i did jail break it ASA i got it.

however, in my country the 4G / LTE doesnt work unless you have 6.1 update or higher.

so my question, is there a way to get LTE through Cydia or upgrade the firmware to 6.1.1 or 6.1.2 without going to 6.1.4 ?

thanks for your help

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Nope, there is no way to get to iOS 6.1.2. Your only option is 6.1.4 should you choose to restore/update

3. llbaronll thread starter macrumors member

yeah.. **** no to that :/

there is no cydia tweak or something to enable the LTE ?

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

No, for the second time.

5. llbaronll thread starter macrumors member

^_^ great ^_^

6. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I think he is asking if there is a cydia tweak that can enable LTE in his country as Apple did with a software update. The original poster only stated that he can only update to iOS 6.1.4. No need to be rude.

To the original poster, I don't believe there is a tweak out there yet to enable LTE on devices where the current software doesn't support it but the hardware does. Try doing a search. But I think you maybe left with the decision of having a jailbreak or being able to use LTE.

7. TC25 macrumors 68020

The answer, to both questions the OP asked in his first post, is 'No'.

8. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

Someone's having a bad day... :rolleyes:

9. llbaronll thread starter macrumors member

i figured he is rude a lil but its fine. its normal thing for most posters here. but thank you. and yeah i was asking for a tweak. but it seems you are also right as there is no tweak either.

i found a method that invlove files using Ifile app. but only between ATT&T and T Mobile. but its too risky for me since i am on neither.

but i will gladly live off 3G with JB over LTE with nothing. heck i even use sometimes Data on 2G to save battery since i mainly use whatsapp / viber while i am outside and little browsing on neogaf.

10. TC25 macrumors 68020

No. You? :rolleyes:

Asking the same question differently doesn't change the answer.

11. blasto2236, May 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2013

blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure that explaining this to you will help, but the original response to this thread did not answer his second question about there being a JB tweak that could help him work around the issue, it simply said he could not upgrade to 6.1.2.

He then re-asked his question about the JB tweak (that no one had answered up to that point), to which you responded accurately but rudely. For no reason.

12. Xb0xGuru macrumors member

They were two different questions.

"Can I update to 6.1.2 without going to 6.1.3" - that's one question.

"Can I enable LTE via JB for 6.0.1" - that's another question.

It seems you were too busy trying to flex your e-muscles that you neglected to read it properly.

13. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

What do you expect somebody to do when the answer is 'no'? Fabricate it? If there is no way to do something, then there is no way to do something.

14. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

both answers could be found on the 30+ similar threads, the answer is still no

15. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

I read this forum every day, and while the "Can I upgrade to 6.1.2" question comes up a lot, I have never seen his second question asked. Not to say it hasn't been, but that's still no excuse for sarcastic responses.