hi Why Doesnt Macbook Air Have An Aftermarket Power Cord?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Left4DeadBoy, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

hi So of course its going to have a power cord; yet it has the one that Apple made for it; and Id prefer a dark one to go with the power strip that I have . Ive not been able to find a dark power cord if any exist; indeed theyre pretty rare; I wonder if theyre made by Apple .

2. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

Apple doesn't liscence Magsafe, so no one except Apple can make power cables for them.

3. mconheady macrumors newbie

There are some magsafe knockoffs... many add in USB charging ports... Check Aliexpress. They cost around $35-60
    Check ebay and Aliexpress.

4. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

There are several Chinese companies that make knockoffs on eBay. I just bought an original 45watt magsafe for $25.00 w/ free shipping on eBay.

5. posguy99 macrumors 6502

Uh, they're available everywhere. You can't replace the brick and the cable to the laptop, because Apple doesn't license MagSafe. The cable from the outlet to the brick however is a standard IEC320 C7 cable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00II7Y3DW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6. HeyKatie macrumors 6502

Thanks for the recommendation! I just put in an order for phone & MBA accessories.

7. posguy99 macrumors 6502

I can't speak to buying them from Aliexpress, never have. But the last thing you want to do is get them from eBay.