Hidden purchase of iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GrandPhrase, Sep 13, 2012.

1. GrandPhrase macrumors 6502

Please don't flame me or denounce me saying im too young, or any shi like that

So im 17 and im currently in college but the problem is my parents dont trust me what i use my money on (allowance + outside work)

Can i buy the iphone 5 online with my debit card, set the billing address to my personal university mailbox, then call verizon giving them acc. # info etc. and ask them to transfer service from my iphone 4 to iphone 5?

the monthly bill of data and voice will stay the same so there is no way that they will know that i purchased an iphone 5 rite?

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

You can't buy the iPhone 5 without providing carrier information in the first place...

However if you bought a scalper's iPhone 5 off ebay you'd have to get the SIM flashed which requires the account information, social security etc.

So.. no. Don't undermine your parents.

3. doc shivers macrumors member

Son, if your parents are giving you an allowance then they have every right to know what you are doing with that money. My advice, run it by your folks first, who knows, they may allow you to get it if you just ask instead of doing shady ****.

4. GrandPhrase thread starter macrumors 6502

what kind of carrier information would i need?

----------

ye i know its the right thing to do.. i guess i should ask em.. thanks neways

5. eleite macrumors regular

eleite

It's going to depend where you purchase the phone, sometimes you're forced to ship the phone to the billing address. The easiest (read: most expensive) way is to buy it unlocked and swap the SIM cards with the help of your carrier. If you're not the primary on the account though, gonna be trickier. Here's the best advice I can give you: CALL YOUR CARRIER AND ASK. If they want to much info, GO TO YOUR LOCAL CARRIER'S STORE.

Don't listen to the grandmas giving you advice, you can figure it out kid - time to spread those wings you're in college.

6. omegle macrumors newbie

He uses Verizon, a CDMA carrier which does not use a SIM card except for 4G LTE. His old phone does not have a sim card to swap in.

Just go to Verizon and ask about a phone upgrade. They should be able to sell you a phone and activate it on the spot. This is assuming that you are an authorized user on the account though.

7. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

He's obviously not...