Hidden Tiger Appp!!!!!

Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
i found this strange application while browsing hidden folders in mac os x tiger.

is it just me or should stuff like this not be included with a commercial operating system unless it has a age rating.

Attachments

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
how can we be sure that this is in tiger? care to explain to the rest of us how to find it? i dont want to be a jerk, but i just dont believe everything that im told...

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
bobx2001 said:
i found this strange application while browsing hidden folders in mac os x tiger.

is it just me or should stuff like this not be included with a commercial operating system unless it has a age rating.

How about telling us where and what these 'hidden' folders are so we can verify what you're saying?

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Doesn't work for me..

Maybe your version of Tiger had something dodgy done to it...? :S Did you get it new from the store unopened...? :confused:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
XIII said:
Doesn't work for me..

Maybe your version of Tiger had something dodgy done to it...? :S Did you get it new from the store unopened...? :confused:
You won't have a /developer directory unless you install the developer tools (XCode et al). I haven't gotten around to installing XCode2 yet, so I can't check it. :(

It might be something to do with the parental controls tools...another thing I have not yet checked out (and probably won't anytime soon! :eek:).

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
XIII said:
You see it? :confused:

This is wierd..
No I don't. Still running Panther.
Just wanted to repost the file-path and draw people's attention to it so we can get some kind of idea of what's going on.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Ok, I guess that could explain it. Thanks. :)

Still deeply wierd.

EDIT: BlueVelvet, do you have Xcode 2 installed..?

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
XIII said:
Still deeply wierd.
Needed a reminder to install XCode tools, so I can play with Quartz Composer. Give it 5 minutes. On second thoughts it does sound like something a typical programmer would find amusing.

Strange if it is still around, and not linked from the Dev SDK. I thought there was a blanket ban on easter eggs?

(Not that this really qualifies)

Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
DesignedOn said:
Maybe its for the dads, Steve is a dad. :)
but why would steve ask his devs to make him a app like that?

by the way i could say what sources the app gets the online content form, but i am sure any links would be removed quickly.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
:eek:

I'm having a hard time believing it, but the parental controls theory sounds slightly plausible...

Quite a discovery if true. I know a few people who will make use of the feature. :rolleyes: :p