Hide badge app icon for software update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gaanee, May 11, 2012.

1. gaanee macrumors 6502a

I've been using 3GS running 5.0.1 and would like to keep the option for jailbreaking open, so don't plan to update to 5.1.1. Since few days back when I connected the iPhone to computer for charging its displaying the red badge icon on the Settings app. Is there any way to hide it since that red badge looks annoying but still want to keep the Settings app on the dock for quick access?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68030

If your phone is jailbroken, I believe you can hide it but if it's not, then it will stay there.

3. breezyf808 macrumors regular

This is the only way!!
    I believe it's call "noota" on cydia

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

No way to do that without jailbreaking or updating OP.

Another tweak is called "No Update".

5. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Software Update Killer works as well. It disables all the buttons so no one's 'girlfriend' will accidentally update the phone :p

6. gaanee thread starter macrumors 6502a

I remember when Apple released 5.0.1, I didn't update immediately and the badge icon disappeared after rebooting. Later on I updated when jailbreak was made available. I've been on 5.0.1 since Apple released 5.1 but then it wasn't showing the red badge. Even this week I didn't check for updates on iPhone but it just popped up...tried rebooting but still doesn't go away. And the iPhone is working fine so don't want to update and also 5.0.1 can be jailbroken.

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Wouldn't loose any sleep over ability to jailbreak.

8. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Software Update Killer in Cydia disables the update button and removes the badge icon.

Might be a good idea to install ResetAllKiller too- it disables the Reset buttons.

9. Syk macrumors 6502a

Is there anything in Cydia that allows me to add the App Store to Notifications so that I can have the updates show in the notification center pull down but not have that ugly red badge on the icon

10. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

AppUpdateNotifier and No AppStore Badges