Hide iPhone Contacts with no phone number?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by That-Guy, Feb 28, 2012.

1. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Hey Peeps,

Just got my iPhone 4S, everything is setup but there is one thing that is annoying me....

In my contacts list it shows contacts which do not have a phone number (email contacts) is there any way to hide these?

Thanks in Advance :)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, once you add them as a contact they're listed there. Even if there is no phone number attached to them.

3. That-Guy thread starter macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Ah well not the end of the world I suppose will just list them like "Dr Evil Email" or something along them lines :)

4. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

The closest thing to what you want to do is create a group for your email only contacts, and a second group for your phone contacts; and leave the address book app on the phone contacts by default.

To my knowledge, you can't create groups directly on your phone. That has to be done either at icloud.com, or on your computer.

5. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

this has started happening to me since icloud iOS 5.0 everyone I send an email to eventually ends up as a contact...I just delete em

6. dav146 macrumors regular

dav146

Settings up groups is prob the way forward for you. It's a pain in the ass that you cannot do this on the phone. Its a really simple process using Address Book on a Mac - Never actually tried it through the iCloud Website myself but I'm sure other people will comment on this!