Hiding the menu bar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thejedipunk, Jul 6, 2007.

1. thejedipunk macrumors regular

thejedipunk

I think that before we get transparent menu bars, that we should get the ability-nay, the right to hide our menu bars.

Does any one know of an app that hides the menu bar? I remember downloading one (forgot the name) but it seemed to have only hidden it while I was in Sys. Pref.

2. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Quick search on google brought me this.

As for the transparent menu bar. I HATE it, and hope that within a week or two of Leopards release, someone will come up with a mod that will be able to bring back the old menu bar. Other then that, I like the look Leopard.

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I believe it is just an option in Leopard. Just like the dock size, positions, magnification and hiding. I'm willing to say we will see an option to leave it normal if we so choose. I don't like it either. For some reason it looks cheesy.

4. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

It looks like Apple is ripping off Windows on this one. It's also gonna be hard to read the time and stuff when using certain desktops. Let's hope it's just a feature, and it can be changed.

Wouldn't people using WWDC copies of leopard, be able to see/check if it's changeable, or are those copies limited?

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

They already did and it is an option, I can't find the post right now, but I know that someone did check it out.

6. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Alright, thank god.

Yeah, I haven't been that up to date with this stuff lately.

7. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

This is good news. I was going to give the translucent menu bar a fair shake, but I might already be poisoned against it :)