High profile Republican to Speak at Democratic National Convention

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Coleman2010, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

My guess would be Colin Powell, Olympia Snowe and Charlie Christ. Politico is reporting possibly Arnold Schwarzenegger. Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a big score even with his scandal.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Too bad they can't dig up Abe Lincoln or Teddy Roosevelt.

-- Sayyyy...! --

Maybe this is the late hour and the over-the-top Olympic closing ceremonies talking, but wouldn't it be funny if one of the daytime presentations was, say, impersonators of Abe, Teddy and Dick Nixon, chiding modern-day conservatives for defaming and desecrating the good name of the Republican party?

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I can already see this playing out as the Reds' version of Leiberman, with them claiming that it's nothing but a defector that plays a very little role, if no role at all in their base.

Then cue their accusations of ads from the Blues saying "it's alright to vote for the other party!".

Wash/rinse/repeat the Reds' 2008 national convention, though I think the Blues will be a bit more artistic and politically humourous about it.

BL.

4. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

I think if they feature several moderate Republicans who speak openly how far right the Republican party has moved it will appeal to Independents.