High Sierra Beta Confusion

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Rossagues, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Rossagues macrumors regular

Rossagues

Hi everyone,

I've recently been having a few issues with my operating system since installing the macOS High Sierra Beta.

I have noticed on the App Store it says I am receiving the macOS High Sierra Developer Beta (Version 4). Each update specifically says 'Developer Beta'.

I have never signed or up used the developer beta software on my mac. I am simply using the public beta service offered by Apple.

Currently my machine is running - macOS High Sierra (Version 10.13 Beta (17A315i)

Is this the public beta under a different name? Can I get the public beta back as I just want a 'more' stable version of High Sierra.

Thanks,

Ross

2. jbarley, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017

jbarley macrumors 68040

jbarley

Maybe this will help clear things up, check the bottom line...
    Seems the Dev Beta and the Public Beta share the same release number, just one version apart.

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 6.23.44 PM.png

3. mikiotty macrumors 6502

mikiotty

The Public Beta is not "a 'more' stable version of High Sierra", it's just the same as the Developer Beta, only released a day later and, sometimes, every 2 dev betas.

4. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

My last 2 betas were also labelled as 'developer' betas. I am also not a developer.

A Public Beta will almost never be 'more stable' than a developer version.

5. MacFan497 macrumors newbie

MacFan497

The Public Beta is the same as the Developer Beta in terms of additions, bug fixes, release number etc... however the Public Beta is released a day or 2 after the developer beta
    The Public Beta is not "more stable" or "less risky" than the developer beta