High Sierra problem with keychain. How do I copy passwords from iCloud Keychain back to my Mac?

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by icebergx, Sep 28, 2017.

1. icebergx macrumors regular

Hi all,

Since updating to High Sierra, I've had some massive problem with my Keychain/iCloud keychain
    My iCloud Keychain is still intact, and I can see or use it without any problems on my iPhone and iPad. However, on my mac, 95% of my passwords/logins have disappeared. This was previously fully populated and was syncing with iCloud keychain.

Even if I go to System Preference > iCloud and check "keychain," my mac keychain doesn't update.
    I also lost all my password/logins for Outlook, but I'm sure I can retrieve them somehow.

If anyone can assist me in getting my iCould Keychain PWs on to my Mac Keychain, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.

2. mikeboss macrumors 65816

mikeboss

I experienced exactly the same. gave up in the end and startet to enter all passwords manually again...

3. icebergx thread starter macrumors regular

Nooooo!!! That would be the death of me!
    Surely this must be rectifiable?

4. icebergx thread starter macrumors regular

No I've just discovered that all the files I had on my desktop are gone! They're still on my iCloud Drive, but my actual desktop is bare!!! Any help please? :(