Highly recommend an iPod touch in addition to your iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Myiphone7, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

I love my iPhone. Super fast. Super efficient. Fully loaded to the hilt with features. I can really get work done.

It's become a double edge sword. I no longer can enjoy my iPhone for pleasure, like games, music, videos, without constantly expecting and waiting for an important email or text message.

It's become more of a work device and even when I want to enjoy it for its millions of fun apps, I always end up getting an important email or tapping on pages to look at my portfolio or tapping on my Bank of America app to check if I've been paid yet, or my Charles Schwab app to check my investments, or something that has to do with business/money/work.

Then I decided that I needed an iPod touch. Picked one up in the middle of the night and boy has it made a difference in my life.

I leave my iPhone on the side at my table and check messages periodically throughout the day instead of in anticipation for them all the time.

I use my iPod touch to surf the web, read the news, listen to music, type this post, etc without expecting a message or checking my portfolio all the time etc. The iPod touch is much more relaxing for me.

On top of that, I got one of those text apps on my iPod, so I can still message the people in my inner circle without hearing from the people I don't want to.

They can wait until I check my messages on my iPhone.

:)

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

iPhones (or smart-phones in general) are definitely modern day man's army swiss knife.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

4. Exio macrumors regular

A little self control is always nice as well...

You describe yourself like a 12 year old on pixie sticks

5. Myiphone7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I disagree. A twelve year old on pixie sticks doesn't do business or have any money - aside from lemonade sales and revenue from the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, and his Birthday.

6. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I sold my iPod Touch within three months of owning an iPhone. No reason to have two products that are nearly identical with one being inferior to the other.

7. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

[​IMG]

8. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I recommend an iPhone in addition to an iPhone, because that makes much more logical sense. But that's just me.

/sarcasm

9. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

so what you're saying is, you wanted an iPhone for all the smartphone features, then got upset when the phone interrupted you. So you bought a device that is more or less identical but has no phone.

Why not buy the iPod touch and then use a dumbphone? All of the things you said you are doing on your new iPod can be done with your iPhone. It's just redundant if you ask me. Not only can you just put the phone into airplane mode, but in a few months when we get iOS 6 you will have the "do not disturb" feature.

10. JAT macrumors 603

Why not an iPad for the larger screen and more comprehensive gameplay?

11. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

And woman's.......

Lets stay balanced............... ;)

12. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

This seems like the logical choice to me... especially since their is cellular data options. especially if they launch the rumored iPad Mini