Hillary and Russia

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ibookg409, Aug 1, 2016.

1. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

I have no problem with the Clinton Foundation having ties to Russia. I have a serious problem with the Trump campaign having ties to Russia.

4. ibookg409 thread starter Suspended

ibookg409

Can you explain what the difference would be? Why is it ok for the Clintons but not for Trump. I'm not calling you out. I'm just curious.

5. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Cause she gets a pass.

6. ibookg409 thread starter Suspended

ibookg409

Oh, I see. That makes sense. All the Hillary supports seem to be ignoring this thread. I'm not surprised.

7. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

They don't want to face the truth.

Can't wait for the next email dump.

8. ibookg409 thread starter Suspended

ibookg409

image.gif
    Talking to a Hillary supporter about, well, anything truthful about her.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The Clinton Foundation is not working towards electing Clinton while the Trump campaign is. If you can't see that difference then you are blinded by your irrational hate.

10. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

He's not looking for a debate, he's looking for a pulpit.

11. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

This thing is growing legs by the way. I haven't seen the annoying whining of the Kahn's this morning, but people are starting to ask questions about this issue. One issue dies another one rises up, the later being far more important. Hillary and her conspiracy theories about Trump and Russia are looking rather dumb right now. At least some media outlets are starting ask about the Clinton Foundation. Hopefully this fraud of a candidate will be exposed for what she is. She's dangerous.

12. zin macrumors 6502

What are the ties?

Even CNN doesn't present a compelling argument.

13. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Funny how that works.

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

See I don't buy the argument that Hillary hasn't benefited from the millions of dollars donated to the Clinton foundation. One of Hillary's big talking points is the humanitarian work of the Clinton Foundation. The Charity is only as good as the money it has. Getting tens of millions from countries in a way is assuring her the ability to tout significant accomplishments. Proving exchange for favors or illegal intent is another story, but it all just proves suspicious in my skeptical mind.

It's certainly an entirely different story than foreign countries directly sabataging an election, which of course if Trump colluded in, should have significant consequences. I'm not convinced of that yet though. But it appears there is/are some reason/s Russia wants him elected.

15. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

16. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

It would seem to me Russia would be more opposed to Clinton than supporting of Trump.

Me thinks something is wrong with the "reset button".

17. ibookg409 thread starter Suspended

ibookg409

did Russia contribute to the trump campaign? I haven't read that anywhere.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 1, 2016 ---
    I don't hate anybody ninthinknits lrettybweak to claim that I am hateful just because I don't like your corrupt candidate.

18. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

As @skunk has already stated, I will not - in any way - pay a cent (or penny) towards a publication owned by Rupert Murdoch.

Summarise the arguments - if arguments they are, rather than blind prejudice, or some sort of elastic concept of truth or distant relationship to proven facts - if you wish.

19. ibookg409 thread starter Suspended

ibookg409

inwill not summarize the article. Then my summary will just be picked apart and dissected. No thanks. Read it and comment if you wish.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 1, 2016 ---
    I'm sorry. I didn't know the article had to be paid for. It wasn't pay to view when I read it.

20. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

you can read WSJ free.
    -Copy the url on google, do a search.
    -Click on the result or the cached version.
    -Thank me.

21. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

It's an article by Peter Schweizer ("Clinton Cash") about the 2009 connection between Skolkovo (Russia's Silicon Valley), a Us-Russia Bilateral Commission on technology development led by Mrs. Clinton, and kickbacks to the Clinton Foundation by the Russian partners. The huge problem is that Skolkovo facility was for dual use development, meaning weapons development. Nobody in the State Department realized it after the project started, but the FBI noted this in an op-ed posted in 2014.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/b...oston-office-warns-businesses-of-venture.html

Schweizer concludes with this:

22. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

All of this questions revolving around whether or not Trump is Putin's agent, Trump and Russia colluded about the DNC links, and Manafort's ties to pro-Russian politicians in Ukraine are really distractions from the central Russian issue.

The central Russian issue is that Trump has proposed some pretty radical ideas about the tenants of American foreign policy for the last 76 years through accepting the Russian forcible annexation of Crimea and its commitment to defend NATO allies.

These are pretty incredible policy decisions from someone who really hasn't shown any aptitude or interest in foreign affairs. As a result, we need to question why Trump is holding these positions, why they are in the national interest, what the impact on the American position in the broader world happens to be, and who are the stakeholders behind this radical pivot.

I would welcome a discussion about the impact that the Clinton Foundation has had on the Democratic Platform rather than this distraction, which is a tit for tat about where foreign money ends up.

23. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Is it related to this one?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...s-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

For all we know, neither has the connection to Russia that's even remotely relevant to the DNC's current year-long problems (wasn't the DNC hacked some time ago, as was Hillary's private server?). Or both are, or she is but he is not, or he is and she is not. Right now, it's interesting how only "Trump is behind it" is being considered by folks when it's no more or less pure conjecture than any other possibility at this time.