Hillary & Chelsea's Excellent Adventure (to Tuzla, Bosnia)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cleverboy, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    So, this story is now starting to get loud after a week...

March 17, 2008 - Boston.com
    http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/03/17/clinton_recalls_bosnia_trip_as_dangerous/
    News Report on original trip / Press conference:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOsGo_HWP-c

Fake Movie Trailer (Coming to a Super-Delegate near you):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6JN7ALF7Y

My head is hurting again. Having trouble r-retaining... any r-respect for Hillary Clinton... in the f-face of obvious, clear distortions of the truth. I'm hoping she just answers this and says that she was mistaken and did not remember the welcoming party (greeting ceremony), and that while her ride was armored, there was NO sniper-fire considering that she landed at a major base in the area. Apparently, in her book "Living History" she says that the ceremony DID happen, but was cut short. In the press conference, she paints the picture in a radically different light, ratcheting up the sense of danger and omitting any tarmac activity save "running".

Oy. Looks bad. :(

~ CB

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hey, if you can confuse Sunni with Shia and get a pass, perhaps Clinton is banking on being able to get a pass for confusing sniper fire with no sniper fire.

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

you should change the title of this thread to get more attention.. something like "Hillary flat out LIES about Bosnia"

now today she's saying she "misspoke" lol, what a tool

misspeaking is when you say "ran" instead of "run", not when you completely ****ing lie about something that didn't take place.

4. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

When the phone rings at 3 am, do you want someone who can distinguish sniper fire from no sniper fire?

5. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I thought that was absurd and hilarious at the same time. What could she have possibly meant instead of, "I was under sniper fire."

Apparently to Hillary, misspoke = flat out lied.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That's very good. :)

7. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Let me throw some gas on this fire.... :D

She also stated that she was named after Sir Edmond Hillary...but the only problem with that was she was born BEFORE he climbed Everest.

8. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Vote2008/story?id=4519064&page=1
    Nice. So, she "took her stuff" and ran for the hills I 'spose.
    Mm. Right. I don't know if I'd even want to "date" someone who spoke "millions of words a day".

~ CB

9. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

Here's an interesting discussion from Countdown on Hillary's penchant to, shall we say, exaggerate things.

I totally agree with the point that, if she's the nominee, the Republicans will have a field day with all of this.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Not as big a deal as had been made out to be, but she was obviously exaggerating (to say the least). Another thing to prove the stereotypes about her. She's done now though, so no one cares. Even the conservative press is barely mentioning it other than to point out that the Clintons are liars with their pants on fire, but we already knew that. Being contradicted by Sinbad though? Classic.

Also wondering why McCain's numerous incorrect statements, and Bush and Cheney's (as well as Rove and Kristol, among others) outright lies during the same time period, were ignored.

11. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

Probably because no one in the media is focusing on the Republican side of the election right now. If you tune in to CNN during the day, it's almost all election coverage, which is going to be 99% Democratic Party-centric. If Clinton (or Obama if the positions were reversed) weren't around, I bet McCain's Al Qaeda-Iran comments would get a lot more notice. Same goes for his cadre of spiritual advisors, who have said many things equally offensive as Rev. Wright, but get no air time.

Gotta love that liberal bias in the media, eh?

12. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Basically the way things running right now is that the primaries are the real election. That it is a forgone conclusion McCain has lost.

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Unless Clinton manages to pull off the nomination, in which case I believe McCain could win. Hell, I'd be tempted to vote for McCain, or not at all, with those choices.

14. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

I'm not about to shoot myself in the foot. I don't want Bush Lite as president.

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I don't want Bush Lite or Evita Clinton. Not that my vote here in California counts for anything in any event.

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

cept that it'll probably be another close election.

17. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

If the Dems manage to lose it will be the worst Electoral College thwarting of the popular vote in history. I see the GOP states being fairly close while the typical blue states go by wide margins, and swing states being close if red, blowouts if blue. I see the popular vote going Dem, no matter who the candidate is, but the EC throws the fun wrench in the works as usual.

We might even see faithless electors pulling it back for the popular vote if the margin is large enough...

18. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Didn't she serve in Cambodia with Algore, helping him invent the Internet? Sorry, couldn't help it...

I've never worried about being honest; I'm lazy: If you lie, you have to remember what you said. If you tell the truth, it's no problem.

Now, fatigue is the enemy of memory, right? Hard to remember what you said before, when you're really, really tired from those long, long hours on the campaign trail.

So what we have here is a simple case of Liar's Fatigue.

Compared to the Clintons, Teflon Ron Reagan was covered with sandpaper. Looks to me like the Clintons would make KY look sticky. The present media flap is an interesting reversal of custom, and quite entertaining to watch.

19. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Hey don't worry. Clinton wasn't lying. It looks like Hillary actually was under attack while she exited that plane.

20. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

Thanks for posting that. Made me giggle like a school girl!

21. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

While most would prefer to attribute this rather embarrassing inconsistency to Hillary Clinton's political character, they should also realize that it could just as easily be attributed to the very nature of the human brain. It's been proven time and time again that for any given memory there will inevitably be incorrect details, and in some cases, the mind can fabricate or drastically alter memories based upon slight suggestions and other post-event information.

So consider, is it possible that Hillary at the time was briefed about the possibility of gunfire, and that anticipation and suspense ultimately altered her memories of the entire event?

Could she be lying? Of course, but also appreciate that she might have thought she was telling the truth.

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Sure there is something to thinking your favorite blanket was red when it was actually green when you're a kid. This is no "Sir Edmund Hillary" statement. But actually being under fire is not something you would forget if it happened to you.

She says she "misspoke" due to lack of sleep. Just think of how much sleep she's going to lose if she gets in office. To me she's told this embellished story so many times she actually started to believe it.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=68124

23. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

If she's prone to misspeaking from lack of sleep, doesn't that completely shoot her 3 a.m. ad in the foot?

"I didn't mean to call the Russian president's wife a wildebeest...I misspoke due to the early hour."

"What!? I gave the launch order? I must have misspoke."

I'd be more comfortable with a blatant lie that the excuse of misspeaking from lack of sleep.

24. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

We definitely need a president who can perform under fire.

Puns aside, running from sniper fire is probably a seldom-done activity for most of us, including Hillary Clinton, and to me it seems like the human mind would clearly remember such a strange, scary and traumatic event.

25. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy