Hillary Clinton and voting rights

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by satcomer, Jun 7, 2015.

1. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Hillary Clinton speaks out on voting rights ....

Well Hillary Clinton is throwing stones at States that are trying to get rid of early voting and other things they think will crib the myth of voting fraud. She didn't say anything like this when she was a NYS Senator about her own States one day of voting! She also went after preventing college students from voting and that Is not true at all. As a student as well as a soldier I always used absentee voting ballots and how in the world would banning this ever stand up in court?

So this is why I feel as an Independent she is just a hypocrite and renforces me not to vote for her ever again!

2. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

I've realized that politicians look out for their best interests and really couldn't care less about the state of the country. They're all extremely smart but intelligence has nothing to do with morality. They are criminals in business suits.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Pretty much describes all politicians.

4. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

There is no Constitutional right to vote in a federal election (via SCOTUS 2000). Thank God!!

The voting age should be for 25 (unless you're in the military, then it's 18) and if you have a federal income tax liability above 0.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Thankfully, the Constitution disagrees with you.

BL.

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

7. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

What's with the right and their historical obsession with preventing people from voting? Priorities I guess. Or fear.

8. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I wonder if you would say that if voters under 25 were more likely to align with your party. Doubt it.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

So are you dismissing the issue and her because you don't like her timing? The States frick'n need stones thrown at them. The agenda in States with conservative legislatures is not to promote the convienence of voting, and turn out voters, but to consolidate power by disenfranchising perceived blocks of "hostile" voters. Online electronic voting is a must for the future of democracy, if you care about it.

10. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

Why arbitrarily pick this? No, let us make it so that you must have a yearly income of at least a quarter of a million.

That is the only way us upper class folk can not have our votes tarnished by plebs.

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Too much distortion in that name, without basis, unless you have some to provide?

12. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

It's not very arbitrary. It used to be restricted to land owners. At that time we did not have a federal income tax, so if you are not a mooch, you get to vote.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why should the poor be excluded?

14. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Depends on your definition of poor. If you contribute $0, you get 0 votes. Life isn't fair.

15. Meister Suspended

Meister

Hitlary is bad news all the way.

She voted for the patriot act, is financed by the same people as Barry and Dubya, will try to take peoples rights away (2nd amendment, etc.) and she will basically continue the path of her two predecessors. There are candidates who are way better options, but nevertheless the dumb masses will vote for her, because of the way she is marketed. It's a tragedy!

16. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Don't forget the Clinton body count. Also, her husband is a rapist.

17. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I trust Hillary as far as I can throw her. Enough said..

18. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Laura Bush killed a guy...

19. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Lol. And these are the people who call themselves "real 'Mericans". Your values, or lack thereof, are against what this country stands for. So glad you people will never have your way.

20. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

The Founders only allowed landowners to vote for a reason. Now, the poor have been voting for people (mostly Dems) that have promised them goodies and entitlements for multiple generations.

For those who are able-bodied, instead of getting off their butts, they just depend on daddy gov to provide for them generation after generation.

How many trillions have been spent on the "war on poverty?" LOL

21. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

And we've changed that law for a reason. The Founders also allowed for things to be changed as deemed necessary by people in the future. I guess they were kinda smart for their time.

Source?

Probably many less trillions than we wasted on the "war on terror".

22. satcomer thread starter macrumors 603

satcomer

23. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Why stop there, I think to get the real traditional vote for the USA.

You can only vote if your direct ancestors came over in the Mayflower, or you are a direct descendant of one of the signatories of the Declaration of Independence.

Otherwise you are a profiteer, and not worthy of the true American ideals.

24. Meister Suspended

Meister

Praxis has a good point.
    People who are dependent on the authorities to take care of them are poison to any form of a free society.

25. sim667 macrumors 65816

Do you ever get a state pension where you live?