Hillary Clinton "David Brockbots" do exist

Dekema2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
WNY or Utica
it's all detailed here:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/21/hillary-pac-spends-1-million-to-correct-commenters-on-reddit-and-facebook.html

Citing “lessons learned from online engagement with ‘Bernie Bros,’” a pro-Hillary Clinton Super PAC is pledging to spend $1 million to “push back against” users on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit and Instagram.

Correct the Record’s “Barrier Breakers” project boasts in a press release that it has already “addressed more than 5,000 people that have personally attacked Hillary Clinton on Twitter.” The PAC released this on Thursday.

The PAC was created in May of last year when it was spun off from the American Bridge SuperPAC, which is run by longtime Hillary and Bill Clinton supporter David Brock. Brock also founded the left-wing media watchdog website Media Matters for America.

Some Bernie Sanders-supporting users on Reddit already started to notice the changes on Thursday afternoon.

“This explains why my inbox turned to cancer on Tuesday,” wrote user OKarizee. “Been a member of reddit for almost 4 years and never experienced anything like it. In fact, in all my years on the internet I’ve never experienced anything like it.”

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
Hiring trolls to fake grassroots support... par for the course in David Brock's world.

Reactions: aaronvan

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
They all do it.
Which is yet another strike against the current American electoral system. Pointing out that both "teams" play a corrupt game is not a reason to give a pass.

This entire system has so many hoops for voters to jump through I honestly wonder why the world doesn't publicly laugh at us as we continue to tout the greatness of American "democracy". Even Carter said it (and several studies, such as the one from Princeton), America is an Oligarchy.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
I honestly wonder why the world doesn't publicly laugh at us as we continue to tout the greatness of American "democracy". Even Carter said it (and several studies, such as the one from Princeton), America is an Oligarchy.
Laugh? No; it's mostly head shaking and face palms.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Which is yet another strike against the current American electoral system. Pointing out that both "teams" play a corrupt game is not a reason to give a pass.

This entire system has so many hoops for voters to jump through I honestly wonder why the world doesn't publicly laugh at us as we continue to tout the greatness of American "democracy". Even Carter said it (and several studies, such as the one from Princeton), America is an Oligarchy.
They all do it in the UK and France and Germany too I'm sure.