Hillary Clinton, Fratricidal Maniac

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, Mar 9, 2008.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

CBS News

Is it obvious now that the news media prefers Obama? Could be. This op-ed has to have some in the Clinton camp spitting fire.

2. Queso macrumors G4

Nothing there we didn't know already. Obama isn't perfect and there's a lot of questions he needs to answer with regard to apparent flip-flopping on policy, but even though I don't have a vote I wouldn't be using it for Clinton. She's proved beyond any doubt in my mind that she's part of the existing Washington machine, and Washington itself is fast becoming Ancient Rome before the partition of the Empire IMO. Too many factions and self-interests buying everybody else.

If I were American and she got the nomination there's no way I could vote for her.

3. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Hillary is insane. There is absolutely no way I will vote for her if she somehow gets the nomination. I was going to make a new thread about this, but figured it would fit nicely into this thread (and relieve us of another Clinton thread).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMVOT-IH8sg

Four different clips of her practically endorsing John McCain. She says that both her and McCain have a "lifetime of experience" to bring to the WH, and Obama "only has a speech he made in 2002". I wonder if she'll go back to her roots as a College Republican, and VP up with McCain.

I have never seen a more ruthless, power hungry person in my entire life. It's clear that if she can't have the nomination, then she doesn't want any Democrat to have the nomination. And this ties back into the original posting. She will take the entire Democratic party down with her, and hand the election to the Republicans in a year when the election was practically being handed to the Dems on a silver platter.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Who's standing right behind her? Bill Clinton. And what is his reported political modus operandi?

'When someone is beating you over the head with a hammer, don't sit there and take it. Take out a meat cleaver and cut off their hand.'
    — William Jefferson Clinton

By the time they're through with Obama, he'll be ready for anything the Republicans can throw at him, if he wins the nomination, that is.

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

No, it is not obvious in the least. This isn't a "report" it's an op-ed piece. I could just as well point you to another op-ed which appeared in my paper this morning telling us why Clinton should stay in the race to the bitter end as evidence that the news media prefers her.

And besides, what the man says is true. This writer also happens to be quite conservative, if that matters.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Fixed it for you :D

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ugh- I was not a big fan of Bill Clinton. I really don't want another Clinton in the White House. We need something new.

8. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

One thing you should not worry about is superdelegates nullifying the popular vote. They aren't that stupid. Democrats have spent eight years complaining about how the electoral vote doesn't reflect the popular vote in a close race, and now they're going to pull the same crap within their own party?

Besides, does anyone really think it's a good idea to take the first credible black Presidential candidate, let him win the popular vote, and then take it away from him as an act of political elitism? Clinton is welcome to pursue such a salted earth policy, but I don't think the DNC will play along. Best case you lose nearly 100% of the black vote and a majority of those idealistic young folks Obama seems to be so good at bringing out. Clinton may only care whether Clinton wins, but the party wants a Democrat in the white house, and she simply doesn't have enough pull to make them sacrifice the whole race for her sake.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Interns?

Don't tell our resident conservative troll that. He think we all worship at the alter of Clinton and his perceived ultra-liberalness. Ah, what am I thinking, I'm sure you're on his ignore list along with the rest of us. :p

Personally I think Cheney is more power hungry, and it's scary what he and the administration have been doing with that power, but I'm no fan of Hillary's either, and some of it she has actually brought on herself. Not all. But a lot of this type of thing. Proving the preconceived notions true.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

But why let facts get in the way of a perfectly good "obvious media bias" post?

Not to mention a grossly unfair thread title.

11. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I was wondering when you were going to post in this thread. :D

FYI the thread title is the title of the article.

I don't think its just this op-ed piece. Didn't you guys see SNL the other night? They were making fun of the fact that the media is soft of Obama.

12. redfirebird08 macrumors regular

redfirebird08

To the OP, even in the URL for your link it says "opinion." Can you tell a difference between a news report and an op-ed? This isn't an AP or Reuters report.

Yeah, and the writer of those skits is an admitted Hillary Clinton supporter. Media bias? Look no further than SNL for it.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

My sincerest apologies for having a life outside MR...

SNL is the arbiter of truth now? In that case, Cheney must truly be a homicidal killer...

Besides, we all know CBS will do anything to take out a presidential candidate. Even going so far as to forge documents.

14. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

You also have to remember that almost all of the superdelegates are either in an elected office or have future plans to run for an elected office. If they go against the popular vote many will risk their (re)election due to that. Hopefully we don't end up in a situation where the popular vote doesn't line up with the pledged delegates since I can see a case to be made both ways at that point.

15. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Sure, it's an Op/Ed piece, but it's reasonably accurate. She is power hungry for power's sake, she is a street-fighter in her style, and she and her people are ruthless.

Sheesh! When, in history, has a second-place candidate taken a facetious remark and built on it, as she has with this "second place on the ticket" brouhaha? She's offering Obama second place? Duh? Fine for the mediahcrities to play around with her original comment, but for her to actually follow up? It's just a ploy, a play to public opinion...

All in all, it's fun to watch, whether it's a supporter getting caught with his zipper open, the Florida "re-do" or "Who's on First?". Hilarious.

Wasn't it Will Rogers who said, "I'm not a member of any organized political party; I'm a Democrat."?

'Rat

16. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Yes, it's an op-ed piece by a columnist, not a report by a journalist. Says so right at the top, which should identify what it is, even assuming you couldn't tell by the approach.

17. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Which candidate has won most of borderline states - the ones that flipflop between red/blue? Being first in the states which are almost guaranteed to go Red or Blue shouldn't count for much in the nomination.

The superdelegates should choose the candidate who will get the most swing voters out on polling day and voting Democrat.

18. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That's difficult to say. Colorado and Wisconsin are often called bellwether states, and Obama won both of them. Ohio is often close, and Clinton won there.

19. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Actually, the piece you reference in the LA Times says the media is bias towards Obama as well.

from IJ's op-ed
    I believe her point of view is that of a feminist. She even quoted "hell no! We won't go!" The point seems to be that Clinton should surge ahead despite the negative coverage.

Yes, IJ, Yes. We know its an op-ed piece.

Here is another: I think the media is bias against HRC.

I'm guessing you don't think it is. That everything is fair-and-balanced? Thats fine.

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Sometimes. And the more she says it, the more they'll be biased against Obama. Then switch back as they will. Same with McCain. I posted a link to this in another thread:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/117850

21. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

He said, missing the point entirely.

22. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

What really annoys me is that any complaint or dislike of Hillary automatically translates into misogyny and sexism on the part of the complainant. It was in that LA Times article (I believe it was LA Times, obeygiant didn't post a link), that obeygiant quoted a few posts back.

Why can I not like Hillary Clinton just because I believe she is a conniving, evil, selfish person? It's the same with Obama too, and it's getting old.

Just because someone doesn't like Hillary doesn't make them sexist.
    Just because someone doesn't like Obama doesn't make them racist.

Maybe, just maybe, people don't like Hillary Clinton because she has a completely unlikable character and personality.

23. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

Then why is the Clinton campaign constantly trumpeting the fact that they won New York, California, and Texas? Two of those states are solid blue and the other is pretty much red aside from the Austin area.

And here's something that is consistently glossed over by her campaign: yes, Clinton won Ohio by 10%. But Obama in his "losing" effort still managed to get over 300,000 more votes than John McCain and almost as many as all of the Republican candidates combined. To suggest that because Obama lost to Clinton he doesn't stand a chance of winning the state against McCain is ridiculous. The same thing goes for pretty much any of her "big wins" in swing states.

The only thing that would keep Obama from winning those states are the radical Clintonites who would rather not vote than vote for someone else. In my opinion, that shows that they care more about Hillary's borderline obsessive attitude about her entitlement to the presidency than they do about the future of their country.

24. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I'm sorry, IJ. The op-ed piece that you referenced doesn't support your assertion. The author states that Clinton should press on despite the negative press. I didn't see where it mentioned anything about the media preferring Clinton.

So what was your point? That the media prefers neither Clinton nor Obama?

25. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This should be too obvious to bear repeating, but here goes.

You posted an opinion piece critical of Hillary Clinton (which you erroneously called a "report") as evidence that the media is biased in favor of Obama. I posted another opinion piece, which appeared in my newspaper that very same day, supporting Clinton. The specifics of their arguments for or against either of the candidates is irrelevant. The point is, the publishing of op-ed pieces for or against candidates is certainly no evidence of media bias. If anything, the opposite, in fact.