Hillary Clinton helped a man get a lighter sentence for raping a 14 year old girl

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Hieveryone, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Hieveryone, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014

Hieveryone macrumors 68030

What do you think about this? Apparently she knew for certain that the man raped the 12 (NOT 14, SORRY!) year old girl, but defended him because she was his lawyer.

She did a good job because the pedophile only got 10 months instead of 5 years! :eek:

Hillary's tactic was to blame it on the 12 year old for wanting it from older men, like she was crazy and had daddy issues.

The child who was raped says that she did not have daddy issues and that the pedophile just straight beat her up and raped her.

https://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blo...5-rape-case-182047673--abc-news-politics.html

2. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

The worst part is her laughing about it on camera. But don't worry, nothing can sway Hillary's supporters.

3. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

OMG I know! She was laughing about it! My stomach literally hurt when I read that.

I mean, I'm not only asking you but anyone who sees this, could you defend a pedophile who rapes 14 year old girls in the court of law if you knew he did it?

I would lose the case on purpose and try to get him in jail as long as I could.

The worst part, Hillary has her own daughter. What if the shoes were reversed and this pedophile did something like that to Hillary's own?

Would she still be laughing?

4. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

She wasn't a public defender, she took the case for money.

5. zin macrumors 6502

She was his lawyer and doing her job.

Frankly she is way too right wing for me to vote for her (if I were an American), just like most high profile Democrats, but at the moment she's the best the party has got at a chance of winning so I can't imagine something that happened in the 70s is going to sway many people.

"What difference does it make?"

6. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

I don't really care to sway people's vote. I'm an Independent. I try to see things the way they are.

To me, I don't care who you are, you must have no soul to defend a pedophile who rapes 14 year old girls then laugh about it.

7. zin macrumors 6502

Not sure how you got that from my post but I'm not even going to waste the time explaining myself in response to such an absurd claim.

8. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Of course, accusing Romney of being a bully in private school was fair game but the left will go off about this one

9. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

This. is. AWFUL.

The girls was only 12?!? And of course she ended up doing drugs, hating men, never got married, no children.

I don't even want to read this thread anymore. Makes me sick.

10. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Anti-gun AND pro-statuory rape? With ethics like that it looks like she has a pretty good chance of becoming our next President!

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It was her job to defend the guy, and it is a good thing that she tried her hardest. If you should be mad at anybody it should be the jury that went along with it. If she gets elected as president she wouldn't be the first one to have defended someone who most people despised in court and ensured that they got a fair trial.

12. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

Would you defend a pedophile who beats and rapes 12 year old girls, then laugh about it?

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Statute of limitations for rape in Arkansas — six years

Statute of limitations for chuckling over legal maneuver that helped to reduce a sentence from 5 years, to four years of probation and a year in county jail, with two months taken off for time served — over 30 years

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Perhaps she shouldn't be laughing about it, but if I was a lawyer I would defend a client that was accused of that, everyone deserves a fair trial.

15. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

Good to know.

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

1975 .... REALLY??? That's how far back they have to go to slander someone?

Did any of you actually listen to the audio? She's laughing at the incompetence of the ones involved in the investigation. Any defense attorney would have bargained after that.

Yet another planted GOP slander story about nothing.

17. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That isn't the purpose of a trial lawyer. If you don't want to defend someone, the ethical thing would be to decline the case.

18. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

I respect your liberal beliefs, but no getting out of this one man. I'm an Independent and I can say, without bias, this is awful.

----------

True. I guess I would decline then.

19. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

slander?!?!
    So you are saying time heals all wounds?

Do you have a some type of guide we could use for forgiveness and the type of crime committed?

Sorry in my opinion if you make a mistake you should have to live with it for the rest your life. Not say well X amounts of years have passed so it somehow makes everything okay.

20. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

If she got a child rapist off (practically) scott free, she's a fantastic attorney. Just the sort of experienced and first rate lawmaker we need leading this country!

See how easy it is to twist words around around? Hell, someone with enough experience could even make Bush and Cheney seem like honorable and patriotic men! ;)

Of course I think politicians these days are most the difference between tweedle dum and tweedle dee.

21. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

You don't need to respect something I'm not. I hold loyalty to no party. ;)

She was doing what was required of her and what EVERYONE in America should be afforded to.

And how does everyone just assume that he really was guilty? He did past the polygraph and probably was advised to plead to avoid possible long sentence of a guilty verdict. Happens very frequently.

22. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Yet it was fair game to go after Mitt Romney for being a bully in school...

23. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Mitt Romney's history of being a bully fit the narrative of him being unable to relate to the needs of the middle and lower classes. It was reinforced by his statement that, "47% are takers." It fit the perception of him being aloof privileged and out of touch.

Please tell me what kind of narrative this fits for Hillary.

What does it reveal about her personality and what clues does it give you about the kind of leader she might be?

24. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

Well, let me ask you this.

What if, God forbid, this was your child and you know in your mind this man committed rape.

The judge appoints you to defend the pedophile who committed this horrid crime against your child.

Would you defend him in the court of law with no bias?

If you can, then kudos to you. Personally, I'd beat him to a pulp. And then some.

----------

Her basic campaign message of uniting women is undermined because she defends pedophiles who fondle, rape, and beat 12 year old girls and laughs about it.

25. zin macrumors 6502

It reveals that she has the potential to be ruthless, objectively strong, and persistent.

I vaguely recall reading Southern Dad wanting these qualities in a leader when dealing with foreign policy. It looks like she's the perfect candidate for dealing with China and Russia. I wonder why Southern Dad doesn't support Clinton.