Hillary Clinton... Koch Approved!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DakotaGuy, Apr 24, 2016.

1. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/politics/charles-koch-hillary-clinton-2016/index.html

So not really an endorsement at this time, but it appears that the Koch's would be open to supporting her. How does that idea fly with Bernie or even Trump supporters?

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

She's the only Neocon left.
    Who else are they going to support?

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Let's ask George Soros!

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Cruz has been speaking at and on behalf of the FPI (the PNAC reboot) for years now, same for Rubio. Trump, well I'm sure most of the advisors he's planning on surrounding himself with will be of the same ilk.

6. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Any of the GOP that's either:

a) dropped out
    b) manages to get elected?

Koch hinted at Clinton being okay, which was still vague. Have heard nothing about any of the GOP supporters, but the current meme is that they are typically more likely to buy favor from the GOP.

7. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Killary, like Dubya and Liebama, is good for the war party and its corporate interests.

8. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

10. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

An (accepted) endorsement for the Democratic candidate from Charles and/or David Koch is the one thing that could cause me to vote for a third party. Which might be part of the Koch's plan -- try to sow discord among the Democrats.

The Kochs are dangerous extremists. Read Dark Money by Jane Mayer.

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Doesn't matter if she does. The Koch Brothers see a kindred spirit in Hillary.

12. DakotaGuy thread starter macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I like how she crafted the statement. Notice she took a couple simple "climate change" and "voter access" issues to disavow the kind words from Mr. Koch. You'll never see her mention any disagreement when it comes to economics, foreign policy or any other major issues.

Hillary Clinton will end up getting the nomination and it will be interesting if all the Bernie supporters will fall in line behind her when the Koch's think "she'll be just fine." It's going to be fun to watch. Bernie really needs to jump on this "somewhat" an endorsement by Mr. Koch.

13. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I find that with any politician, some of their policy positions I agree with, others I disagree with.

I really don't see much overlap between the Koch's advocated policies, and, Secretary Clinton's. I would be curious to see your analysis that shows so much agreement.

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I thought they created the tea party?

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Well to be fair, there is only so much that can fit in a Twitter post! I am sure she could go on and on all day on Twitter about the things she disagrees with the Koch brothers on, but unlike her likely opponent, she doesn't have a Twitter addiction problem.

16. DakotaGuy thread starter macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Yes I see your point, however the Koch's must feel that she will not be a major hindrance to their agenda if elected. She'll likely be friendlier to their concerns if elected then Sanders or Trump would be so I can see why they would prefer her.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I think most anyone prefers the known to the unknown. Trump is a wildcard that many aren't willing to take a bet on. No one knows what he really will do. Or just how incompetent he might be with his judicial or cabinet picks. Or if he will get us into trade wars with China and other countries. Or real wars. Just too many unpredictable unknowns with the guy. So it's quite understandable that people would be leery of him.

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Hillary is a right-wing corporatist. It's little wonder the Koch's love her.

19. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

why do they even care whos president. why not just use that money to make the world a better place. personally i think making money just to earn more money is a waste of time, but what do i know

20. Meister Suspended

Meister

Hitlary supporters don't care.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So when Trump got endorsements from white supremacists and the KKK, it was beyond his control and we shouldn't hold it against him. I guess it falls under IOIYAR.

As for Bernie, he needs to shut up about campaign spending as he is outspending both Clinton and Trump.

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

No. They just don't like the Donald or Cruz.

23. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Exactly, they know things will be mostly unchanged under Hillary, they won't like most of the changes that do come in, but in the end it won't actually hurt them much, and the risks with a Cruz or Trump presidency are too high for any smart businessman.

24. aaronvan, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The oligarchy is happy with the way things are today. The military-industrial-corporatist-prison-fossil fuel complex doesn't like risk and Trump--as unpredictable as he is--represents too much risk. Cruz, not so much. He's just a greasy, Bible-waving too and would be every bit as malleable as Hillary.

They do. The Koch Brothers fund NOVA and other great PBS science & nature programs.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

she has to fool her supporters that don't care just how much she is like a neocon
    --- Post Merged, Apr 25, 2016 ---
    peoples money VS corporations money.