Hillary Clinton... Koch Approved!

DakotaGuy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
Oil tycoon and conservative mega-donor Charles Koch had kind words for both Bill and Hillary Clinton in an interview Sunday, saying there was an outside chance he could support her in November.

"We would have to believe her actions would be quite different than her rhetoric. Let me put it that way," he said on ABC's "This Week" Sunday. "But on some of the Republican candidates we would -- before we could support them, we'd have to believe their actions will be quite different than the rhetoric we've heard so far."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/politics/charles-koch-hillary-clinton-2016/index.html

So not really an endorsement at this time, but it appears that the Koch's would be open to supporting her. How does that idea fly with Bernie or even Trump supporters?

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
She's the only Neocon left.
Who else are they going to support?
Cruz has been speaking at and on behalf of the FPI (the PNAC reboot) for years now, same for Rubio. Trump, well I'm sure most of the advisors he's planning on surrounding himself with will be of the same ilk.

Reactions: aaronvan

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
She's the only Neocon left.
Who else are they going to support?
Any of the GOP that's either:

a) dropped out
b) manages to get elected?

Koch hinted at Clinton being okay, which was still vague. Have heard nothing about any of the GOP supporters, but the current meme is that they are typically more likely to buy favor from the GOP.

jnpy!$4g3cwk

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/politics/charles-koch-hillary-clinton-2016/index.html

So not really an endorsement at this time, but it appears that the Koch's would be open to supporting her. How does that idea fly with Bernie or even Trump supporters?
An (accepted) endorsement for the Democratic candidate from Charles and/or David Koch is the one thing that could cause me to vote for a third party. Which might be part of the Koch's plan -- try to sow discord among the Democrats.

The Kochs are dangerous extremists. Read Dark Money by Jane Mayer.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
I like how she crafted the statement. Notice she took a couple simple "climate change" and "voter access" issues to disavow the kind words from Mr. Koch. You'll never see her mention any disagreement when it comes to economics, foreign policy or any other major issues.

Hillary Clinton will end up getting the nomination and it will be interesting if all the Bernie supporters will fall in line behind her when the Koch's think "she'll be just fine." It's going to be fun to watch. Bernie really needs to jump on this "somewhat" an endorsement by Mr. Koch.

jnpy!$4g3cwk

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
The Koch Brothers see a kindred spirit in Hillary.
I find that with any politician, some of their policy positions I agree with, others I disagree with.

I really don't see much overlap between the Koch's advocated policies, and, Secretary Clinton's. I would be curious to see your analysis that shows so much agreement.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
I like how she crafted the statement. Notice she took a couple simple "climate change" and "voter access" issues to disavow the kind words from Mr. Koch. You'll never see her mention any disagreement when it comes to economics, foreign policy or any other major issues.

Hillary Clinton will end up getting the nomination and it will be interesting if all the Bernie supporters will fall in line behind her when the Koch's think "she'll be just fine." It's going to be fun to watch. Bernie really needs to jump on this "somewhat" an endorsement by Mr. Koch.
Well to be fair, there is only so much that can fit in a Twitter post! I am sure she could go on and on all day on Twitter about the things she disagrees with the Koch brothers on, but unlike her likely opponent, she doesn't have a Twitter addiction problem.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
Well to be fair, there is only so much that can fit in a Twitter post! I am sure she could go on and on all day on Twitter about the things she disagrees with the Koch brothers on, but unlike her likely opponent, she doesn't have a Twitter addiction problem.
Yes I see your point, however the Koch's must feel that she will not be a major hindrance to their agenda if elected. She'll likely be friendlier to their concerns if elected then Sanders or Trump would be so I can see why they would prefer her.

Reactions: jkcerda

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Yes I see your point, however the Koch's must feel that she will not be a major hindrance to their agenda if elected. She'll likely be friendlier to their concerns if elected then Sanders or Trump would be so I can see why they would prefer her.
I think most anyone prefers the known to the unknown. Trump is a wildcard that many aren't willing to take a bet on. No one knows what he really will do. Or just how incompetent he might be with his judicial or cabinet picks. Or if he will get us into trade wars with China and other countries. Or real wars. Just too many unpredictable unknowns with the guy. So it's quite understandable that people would be leery of him.

impulse462

macrumors 68000
Jun 3, 2009
why do they even care whos president. why not just use that money to make the world a better place. personally i think making money just to earn more money is a waste of time, but what do i know

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013

Hitlary supporters don't care.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

So when Trump got endorsements from white supremacists and the KKK, it was beyond his control and we shouldn't hold it against him. I guess it falls under IOIYAR.

As for Bernie, he needs to shut up about campaign spending as he is outspending both Clinton and Trump.

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
No. They just don't like the Donald or Cruz.
Exactly, they know things will be mostly unchanged under Hillary, they won't like most of the changes that do come in, but in the end it won't actually hurt them much, and the risks with a Cruz or Trump presidency are too high for any smart businessman.

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
No. They just don't like the Donald or Cruz.
Exactly, they know things will be mostly unchanged under Hillary...the risks with a Cruz or Trump presidency are too high for any smart businessman.
The oligarchy is happy with the way things are today. The military-industrial-corporatist-prison-fossil fuel complex doesn't like risk and Trump--as unpredictable as he is--represents too much risk. Cruz, not so much. He's just a greasy, Bible-waving too and would be every bit as malleable as Hillary.

why not just use that money to make the world a better place.
They do. The Koch Brothers fund NOVA and other great PBS science & nature programs.

Last edited:
Reactions: satcomer and thewap

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
she has to fool her supporters that don't care just how much she is like a neocon
[doublepost=1461598918][/doublepost]
So when Trump got endorsements from white supremacists and the KKK, it was beyond his control and we shouldn't hold it against him. I guess it falls under IOIYAR.

As for Bernie, he needs to shut up about campaign spending as he is outspending both Clinton and Trump.
peoples money VS corporations money.