Hillary Clinton may have violated federal election laws

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zin, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

But Trump has said mean things. Words hurt more than actions. /s

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I can see Russia making her do it.............

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Hillary has proven her expertise as a very corrupt person who gets away with heinous acts scott free. Living a consequence free life has earned her the envy and respect of those who only wish they could commit such crimes.

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

No, putting a man who has proven himself utterly incapable of doing the very things a President is expected to do... i.e. be diplomatic, think rationally, stay informed, and keep cool in a crisis... hurts more than anything else.

5. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Trump says mean things. At this point, I just shrug my shoulders and go "well, of course" because that's just how it is.

Clinton breaks yet another law. At this point, I just shrug my shoulders and go "well, of course" because that's just how it is.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Renzatic made me do this

Problems I have with this.

1. That list is just a cutout block from a larger list that tell us absolutely nothing in and of itself. Was it money she paid to campaign for these groups, or is that money she was paid to give speeches to these organizations? If it's the former, she violated FEC laws. The latter? Not a problem, other than the fact that Hillary apparently charges a lot for her speeches.

2. Considering running for the presidency, and hiring staff isn't against FEC regulations, so long as they don't campaign.

3. Why the hell is the American Camping Association, and their alleged connection to student exchange visas being treated as if it's some ominous thing?

That's the problem with memes, people. They say a lot of scary stuff with a few snippets of things that look damning, but mean nothing when taken by themselves, and expect the righteously indignant to spread them across the internet.

7. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

The only one that has proven to be utterly incapable to be a president is Clinton. A complete failure in every govenment job she has held.
    Trump never had a government job so we don't know how incapable he is of being a president.
    Like jckerda says, we have to elect him to find out. :D

8. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

No, we have to murder them both so that we don't have to "find out".

9. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I know you lefties are obsessed with and love death, misery and destruction but that's not how we should do things. ;)

10. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Then it's really not a good idea to elect a man who lashes out at the slightest insult.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

sounds perfect to me, he will get impeached 2-3 months in :D

12. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Just quoting this for future reference. :D

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well, just don't forget to give credit where credit is due.

14. MarkusL macrumors 6502

It's abbreviated ACA which is enough to send any right-wing nut's head into a spin. It's like when the Bundys started their war on the Bureau of Land Management and probably thought they were fighting against Black Lives Matter.

15. Wowereit macrumors 6502a

Maybe you should just give away presidency in the lottery.
    Looking at the current and most elections in the past, that might (as unlikely as it seems) lead to better candidates.

16. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Except that then you get a President Pence, who is arguably worse than Hillary.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

worse how? Hillary will get to continue the never ending bombing Obama has been able to do, republicans need congress to get anything done. what many liberals fear from a republican in office is once again growing a back bone. (not directed at you, just general observation)

18. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Im pretty sure Trump can do all of those things very well. He has a way with things he is very clever and a deep thinker.

19. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Pence will also continue the bombings. He's been a strong supporter of our actions in the Middle East from the very beginning. He's endorsed the Patriot Act and opposed the closure of Guantanamo Bay. And then on top of that he's anti-LGBT.

Frankly the best possible outcome right now is for Hillary to get elected and then impeached. Kaine has actually opposed Obama's interventionalist policies.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Hillary will NEVER get impeached, NEVER, you have neocons backing her.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes he has said so many times. are you trump in drag?

22. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I jaywalked 6 times today, put a couple of recyclables in the trash, and didn't pick up after my dog. I'm so corrupt.

23. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Well then you're going to get a Hillary either way. Except that the entire GOP would get behind the male Hillary.

24. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

But people said Obama had no experience and look how great things turned out overall! (Of course, looking at the people he brought in and many of them happen to be Republicans... If Trump managed to get elected, based on performances by Pence (who comes across a lot better in that debate than Kaine had, sorry), Trump would bring in smart people where appropriate no less than how Clinton would.)